Trusted Contributor

Re: Warning for curvy Linea Ladies

On 3/9/2014 WNYgal said:
On 3/8/2014 GraceCO said:
On 3/8/2014 WNYgal said:

GraceCo, I found the pants in that set to be too clingy for me, too, although I didn't have a problem with the tunic, which I ordered in my normal size L so the fit was fine, & I haven't experienced any puckering. However, it is a lighter fabric than some of LDO's other silk-like polys, some of which you might like better. I'm thinking specifically of the ikat print pieces from last summer which are really beautiful & are well-suited to taller women in that the skirt is longer, very graceful & fluid, & there are many pieces in the line that you can match to it. The matching top is a tunic with a very flattering shape & neckline. They both have excellent reviews. #s are A233188/A233189. I have the purple/olive skirt & wore it a lot last summer with the espresso chiffon safari shirt/tank set & also bought the pink version of the tunic to wear with jeans & white linen crops.

WNYgal, thank you for the suggestions--so sweet of youSmiley Happy I'll check out those ikat prints! I also just ordered the new maxis with matching shells in all three colors, so I'm crossing my fingers those work. Already got the shells and they are great--if the skirts fit, I can see this outfit becoming my spring/summer "uniform" with sandals or ballet flats. I do wish the tunic were a bit heavier because I loved the fit, but that poly fabric, and especially those poly pants clung to my legs. I got so fed up, I sent both tunics and pants back (rare for me). So, I'm still on the hunt and I'm SURE there will be much more to tempt me in the coming months!

I have to ask--and I hope it's not inappropriate--but does the WNY in your name stand for West New York, NJ? I grew up in NJ (born in Jersey City) and worked at Holthausen's in the bridal department when I was in college. I'm sure it's closed by now, but that was one of the old style iconic department stores. I loved working bridal--so much fun. And, my aunt worked in an embroidery shop in WNY. Anyway...just curious.

GraceCo, WNY is the abbr. for Western New York, land of my birth though no longer my home. It's that part of the state so often confused by everyone in the NYC/downstate area as Upstate, but it's basically everything west of the Finger Lakes. There are actually a few of us among the Linea Ladies, but we try not to talk about chicken wings.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

or Loganberry drink or beef on kimmelweck! Got your back WNY!

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2014 WNYgal said:
On 3/8/2014 WNYgal said:

GraceCo, I found the pants in that set to be too clingy for me, too, although I didn't have a problem with the tunic, which I ordered in my normal size L so the fit was fine, & I haven't experienced any puckering. However, it is a lighter fabric than some of LDO's other silk-like polys, some of which you might like better. I'm thinking specifically of the ikat print pieces from last summer which are really beautiful & are well-suited to taller women in that the skirt is longer, very graceful & fluid, & there are many pieces in the line that you can match to it. The matching top is a tunic with a very flattering shape & neckline. They both have excellent reviews. #s are A233188/A233189. I have the purple/olive skirt & wore it a lot last summer with the espresso chiffon safari shirt/tank set & also bought the pink version of the tunic to wear with jeans & white linen crops.

WNYgal, thank you for the suggestions--so sweet of youSmiley Happy I'll check out those ikat prints! I also just ordered the new maxis with matching shells in all three colors, so I'm crossing my fingers those work. Already got the shells and they are great--if the skirts fit, I can see this outfit becoming my spring/summer "uniform" with sandals or ballet flats. I do wish the tunic were a bit heavier because I loved the fit, but that poly fabric, and especially those poly pants clung to my legs. I got so fed up, I sent both tunics and pants back (rare for me). So, I'm still on the hunt and I'm SURE there will be much more to tempt me in the coming months!

I have to ask--and I hope it's not inappropriate--but does the WNY in your name stand for West New York, NJ? I grew up in NJ (born in Jersey City) and worked at Holthausen's in the bridal department when I was in college. I'm sure it's closed by now, but that was one of the old style iconic department stores. I loved working bridal--so much fun. And, my aunt worked in an embroidery shop in WNY. Anyway...just curious.

GraceCo, WNY is the abbr. for Western New York, land of my birth though no longer my home. It's that part of the state so often confused by everyone in the NYC/downstate area as Upstate, but it's basically everything west of the Finger Lakes. There are actually a few of us among the Linea Ladies, but we try not to talk about chicken wings.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I guessed wrong!!! Well, never mind all my reveries thenSmiley Happy BTW, I ordered the ikat print skirt in the pink with the matching hot pink sleeveless mock TN and matching sweater. The length looks good and it's a beautiful pattern (altho I typically lean toward neutrals). Thank you again for that suggestionSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am normally a Medium in skirts/pants on this line and I sized down on the Ikat print skirt to a Small and it fit fine.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

On 3/9/2014 GraceCO said:
On 3/9/2014 WNYgal said:
On 3/8/2014 WNYgal said:

I guessed wrong!!! Well, never mind all my reveries thenSmiley Happy BTW, I ordered the ikat print skirt in the pink with the matching hot pink sleeveless mock TN and matching sweater. The length looks good and it's a beautiful pattern (altho I typically lean toward neutrals). Thank you again for that suggestionSmiley Happy

My pleasure. BTW, there's a beautiful dark brown in that print as well as ivory, so it really is very versatile & we know there's going to be that walnut WK open front cardigan coming up that might also work with it. I do hope you like it as much as I do.

Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2014 rac71 said: How does the tunic fit across the shoulders and bust? Does it have capacity for a fuller bosom?
There was no problem with the bust. It fit in the shoulders and bust. The straight line of this tunic didn't work for me only in the hips.