Respected Contributor

Warmer Weather Suit Alternative

I received this photo in an email. The vest and shorts made me think that as an alternative to a suit that has a blazer and a skirt, the blazer could be substituted with a vest out of the same material as the skirt. (I'm not talking about sweater vests, whimsical vests, etc.) The photo outfit has a Chanel influence IMO.

A material-matched vest could also work with pants, cropped pants, or Bermuda shorts (longer than the ones shown).

It's not a new idea, but it's rarely seen. I think back in the 1980's I had a pair of gauchos with a matching vest, but the set was casual.

And the vest suit could be worn with a variety of tops or blouses.

It gets very hot in the west, and I think substituting a matching vest would be cooler while still looking more tailored. 

image.png

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Warmer Weather Suit Alternative

[ Edited ]

I live in Arizona and that outfit would be sooooo uncomfortable. It looks hot and not in a good way. Maybe for a casual wedding but even after the sun goes down it's still hot. That's not a style for southwest summers. We only wear enough clothes to not get arrested.

Respected Contributor

The design is nice, but the material looks heavy and hot to me. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The outfit the model is wearing is only a sample of what fabrics could be used in a vest suit. There's a plethora of fabrics. Machine washable fabrics would be nice.

I currently live where the summers get up to 118 degrees, and I would've appreciated a suit that came with a vest for work rather than a long-sleeved blazer. And I like this modern tailored look.