Honored Contributor

Re: Warm Weather Color Choices

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote

@wilma 

I can't remember where, but years ago some beauty editor caused a real ruckus when she said wearing white (as opposed to ivory) often made your teeth look yellow.  Horrors!    

That day I took everything white in my closet, held it up to a mirror and smiled.  She was right, and I donated the whites.  Ivory is better for a lot of complexions ... and teeth.  

@Tinkrbl44 

You mean all that money I spent on Crest white strips and whitening at the dental office was wasted? I could have just bought more ivory tops instead?
🤔😱🤣

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@wilma 

Linda impressed me when she was on QVC.  That's why I bought the book.  I passed it on to friend who passed it on.

Great advice and no more wardrobe issues for me. 

You have a great day too!  

@ALRATIBA

Maybe I should try to track down a copy of her book.
I like reading books about fashion and style. I haven't read one in awhile. I'm pretty confident in my personal style, but I'm always open to hearing the viewpoints of others. You never know when you might get an ""aha" moment. 😱

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@wilma I think we are on the same summer vibe here!  I'd suggest trying a linen blend short, expect a little summer bagginess and a wrinkle or two, but go with the relaxed look and see!  I have some on sale from Talbots last year that are the best, and I think from Appleseeds or Land's End as well.  They just say "summer" to me!  Woman Very Happy

@Sooner 

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I can find and buy a pair of linen pants and or shorts on my beach trip? If not, I will look around in my local stores when I get back home.  I'd definitely prefer trying them on first instead of buying online. 

Honored Contributor

First of all, great, inspiring thread!

After reading a few suggestions here, I've been thinking.......

I'll be back later.  I'll be upstairs later on to check my closet......

On very warm days, looking back, I usually wear white tops/shirts.

I have several pastel colors shirt type(s) in cotton.  A few pastel striped shirts.  

Lightweight darker grey, navy pants.

I rarely (if ever) wear white or off white pants.  Mainly kakhi colors instead. 

Even though I love floral tops and have several darker florals, for some reason? I don't wear them in the Summer.  Strange, I know.

'Anyway'.......thanks for this light-hearted thread. 

Perfect!!  Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

Like you @Kachina624   I like to wear bright pastels in warm weather. Black is only worn for pants in colder weather, never near my face, I look like Morticia in black. I can wear brown with my light warm skin tone. Ivory is better than white on me, near my face. I do wear white pants in Summer.

My neutral is navy and so many colors go with that. Navy was my base color for my capsule wardrobe when we went to Europe for a Viking River Cruise, the Summer before Covid.

Teal, turquoise and aqua are always part of my wardrobe and those are the colors that people always comment on, that those  colors are flattering on me.. Teal is usually my Fall and Winter color and Turquoise and Aqua in Spring and Summer. Most of my turquoise and silver Native American and Larimar and silver jewelry is worn in Spring and Summer.

Right now, I'm wearing my Stan Herman Paris Garden caftan

in aqua and aqua floral print Birkenstock sandals.

@Enufstuff.  It sounds like you and I could work out of the same closet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

First of all, great, inspiring thread!

After reading a few suggestions here, I've been thinking.......

I'll be back later.  I'll be upstairs later on to check my closet......

On very warm days, looking back, I usually wear white tops/shirts.

I have several pastel colors shirt type(s) in cotton.  A few pastel striped shirts.  

Lightweight darker grey, navy pants.

I rarely (if ever) wear white or off white pants.  Mainly kakhi colors instead. 

Even though I love floral tops and have several darker florals, for some reason? I don't wear them in the Summer.  Strange, I know.

'Anyway'.......thanks for this light-hearted thread. 

Perfect!!  Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend.

@ROMARY 

Sounds like you have some very nice colors and pieces to wear this time of year. I'm sure you look lovely in your outfits! 

White tops look very nice on hot days. I love striped tops, but mine are mostly brights and darker colors. I did buy a light blue and white stripe tee recently. 

I think light grey is an interesting & different neutral. I had a light grey pant years ago, but like the dark grey pant I still own, I just don't reach for them much. 🤔  I wear khaki and navy pants more in warm weather along with white. 

I see lots of floral prints in Spring & Summer. I prefer abstract or stylized florals. I have a couple dark florals for cold weather and a couple lighter ones for wearing in warmer weather. 

Have a Wonderful Day!

Honored Contributor

@wilma ..............IMO wear what you like.  I wear whatever color strikes me when I get dressed.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I think that you are right!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@wilma ..............IMO wear what you like.  I wear whatever color strikes me when I get dressed.

@Imaoldhippie 

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm sure you look lovely in the colors you choose to wear.

It's interesting to read what others like to wear. I love that there are so many more choices of clothes for women now. I remember my grandmothers and mother having much more limited choices. 

Have a Wonderful Day!  

Honored Contributor

In the Fall and Winter I wear mostly black, navy, and grey. Some red and green too.

So in Spring and Summer I love wearing color. Bright colors, jewel tones, pastels. Any kind of color. I wear print pants too 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"