Trusted Contributor

Re: Wardrobe Apps- Outfit Creators + Archival Properties

@lolakimono

I think we may have had the same classroom!  Although, I retired 4 years ago : )

Those boots are sooooo great ~ Love them!!

Is one missing a "button"?

Honored Contributor

@Irish1210

You just made me look.

Oh no! Cat Sad

Maybe it is still around in the house somewhere.

I normally wear them with pants, so it could have snagged on them and if so, then it's LONG gone. 

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono

You may find it...................I recently lost a 25 year old pair of Vogue sunglasses this summer ~~ two months later I found them by accident in the car, under the seat!!  I was thrilled : )

My classroom was either freezing or sweltering ~ never could find the happy medium Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@OKPrincess

@phoenixbrd

@Goldengate8361

@Irish1210

@TY

@ECBG

Yesterday- 59 degrees in my classroom Cat Surprised

LLB blazer

LE turtleneck

Coach scarf

Talbots cords

Beautifeel boots

@lolakimono

the flowery thing is a scarf? It kind of looks like a giant pair of bloomers! Woman Wink (it's difficult to tell what it is)

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

Yes, it's a giant scarf.  I wore it over the blazer like a blanket scarf.

COACH Floral Woven 54 X 54 Oversized Square

Honored Contributor

Today I was in p.j.s for most of the day, but I had to go to my hair appointment, which means an immediate change when I get home to get rid of all the loose hair.

LLB flannel shirt

reversible vest- I wore the white side today

LLB jeans

Ariat FatBaby boots

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

On New Year's Day, I spent a bit of time putting together several weeks worth of work outfits and laying them on my guest bed.  I did tops, bottoms and accessories, so all I have to add is footwear, depending on the temperature/road conditions that day.  

I just started playing around with a wardrobe app (free- Your Closet) to log what core pieces I use and the outfits I put together with accessories.

It's pretty fun, although a bit labor intensive.  I photographed most of my boots, but I only photographed today's outfit pieces.

(I photographed them at the end of the day when I changed into jammies, so no hangers).

It allows you to save outfits by season/occasion and write personalized notes with the pieces (brand labels, sizes, price, when you bought it, how you feel when you wear it, etc.).

Here is today's outfit-

IM corduroy jacket

CP necklace with BB paisley enhancer

Land's End ss sweater

L.L. Bean plaid skirt

Born Lissa boots

Do you use a wardrobe app now?  If so, how often do you use it to help you shop your closet?

Are you interested in sharing some of your outfits here?  I thought maybe the people who are reluctant to post selfies might be interested in posting outfits.  Cat Happy

@lolakimono

Thank you for sharing your new means of outfit cataloging. Can you explain how you intend to use it? Does it include notes like "These cords make an obnoxious noise when I walk" or "I looked smokin' hot today." 😉

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz

There are lots of possibilities.  Here are a few that I'm thinking of.

• When I wore this outfit, for example, I got a lot of compliments.  I might change out the jeans for a skirt, and see if that makes a difference.  Maybe it is the accessories that people reacted to.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/This-Outfit-Got-a-Lot-of-Compliments/m-p/4262778#M462478

• Sometimes our perceptions of how often we wear something are not accurate, unless we keep track (or we go to wear something and it's in the laundry basket, LOL).

• On things like scarves, where I might cut the tags off for wearing, it would be helpful to know the brand or care instructions in the "notes" section.  Many of the Q scarves I own could be either IM or LCNY, for example, and once I cut the tags off I wouldn't remember.

• You can also use it for "cost per wear" and you can figure out the number of times you wear something and how much you paid.

• I spent a long time catalogueing different jewelry items yesterday, and it helps with things that get lost in the shuffle, remembering that you own something so that you can mix/match items.  I think this will be useful with enhancers especially, and trying them out on different necklaces.

• I could see it for "estate" pieces, when you have jewelry handed down and remembering what the story was or when it was given to you.  

• You can also record when you had something dry cleaned, if you wear something (like a dress) more than once, or if you had to alter a piece.  I might record in the notes if an item was regular misses sizes or petites.  

• I also have no overhead light in my closet, so I literally go in there with a flashlight (and close the door behind to keep the pusses out) while I put outfits together.  It helps to be organized before I go in there so that I can find what I'm looking for quickly.  

If I think of more ideas, I'll add them.Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I had it so easy when I worked, I got up , put on scrubs, socks and walking shoes and I was done. My biggest decision every day was what lipstick color to wear. Since my job required I wear a surgical mask on & off repeatedly all day , it would rub off any MU so I only wore lipstick & mascara.

Now I'm retired I have to get up each day , figure out what the weather is gonna be and what I am doing all day , then figure out an appropriate outfit. I never realized how nice it was to just wear the same clothes to work every day. I didn't even have to launder my scrubs - the hospital laundered our scrubs for us in certain departments. On the down side , of course, you do get very very very tired of wearing ugly scrubs.

Respected Contributor

I like the idea of doing this.  Maybe if I started out slowly I could do it.  I have been thinking for awhile about documenting my jewelry, like writing down what type of turquoise it is or the type of gemstone.  I've got a loss of costume jewelry some of which look real, so it might be good to document what is valuable and what is not for the future (like for passing it on.)