Esteemed Contributor

Re: Want to buy but worried it'll be out of style next fall/winter

judEve, I don't know how old you are, but I have a feeling you're probably in your 20s or early 30s. Since you asked for advice, here's mine.....I learned many years ago that it's okay to buy a trendy piece or two, but just because something is on sale doesn't mean it's a good buy, especially if I only wear it once or not at all. You'll find that classic pieces don't go out of style, and you can wear them anywhere regardless of the current trend. And, if you don't really need it and don't need to spend the money, then just pass on it. The next sale is just around the corner!

Honored Contributor

I still subscribe to the French Chic style of dressing: purchase classic pieces in neutral colors, buy less but spend more on basic items and keep your closet organized and minimal w/ black, white, grey, navy, khaki and use pops of color in your accessories like scarves/jewelry. Women usually wear only wear 20% of what they have in their closet and tend to chose the same outfits over & over. About 15 yrs. ago, when I read that, I examined what it was about that 20% I kept going back to....they were neutral colors, solids, I felt comfortable in those outfits (felt like me) & the pieces were well made and classic. So, that was my "style". I've stayed w/ it....never tempted by fads or colors that would end up in my "give away box". 

Trusted Contributor

Moto jackets are pretty classic and tend to stick around over the long haul.

I've been really loving the 70s vibe that is "in" right now. I don't care if fringe goes "out" I'm still wearing the booties, cardigan, jacket and bag that I bought and I'm going to enjoy them all.

Since I sew, if I get tired of the bell sleeves, high-low or sharkbite hems I'll just whack them off to an even length and carry on.

Honored Contributor

There's so much variety to be had that I don't think anything goes completely away but I think certain trims and embellishments will . like a couple extra inches of chiffon or lace; faux leather trims or fringe.
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't worry about clothing going out of style in a year. Clothing takes a long time now to go out of style and QVC doesn't sell faddish clothing either. I think that you can confidently buy a clothing item from QVC without any worries about it going out of style.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@judEve

My opinion only

OUT: MOTO

EXTREME HI LO HEMS

IN 

HALSTO HAS A "cut-in" lapel jacket

It looked great on Jennifer with a longer tee shirt and black pants tucked into boots. A269485

A269485 http://www.qvc.com/H-by-Halston-Open-Front-Faux-Suede-Jacket.product.A269485.html

I don't think we've seen a new moto  jacket this fall/winter.   Just the old ones they're trying to dump. 

There is an H by Halston TSV coming up at the end of January -- a french terry moto jacket.