Respected Contributor

Want to Dance? Is Romance Dead!

On Facebook I have been getting videos of 'older/senior' couples - one of them hears music, the other one usually sitting, doing chores or busy - when the one hearing music starts dancing kind of sexily and coming over to the busy one  - who either - drops everything and joins in, looks aghast but then joins in, or not, etc.  The heading was is romanced dead!

Music always the same 'Cry To Me' by Solom Burke - love this.

Decided to try this out on DH tonight.  He was playing Mah Jong with friends here indoors - always very serious - got the song going done my best sexy wiggle moving over to him reaching hands out - the full enchilada even though I had my slippers on- no hesitation - he looked up, started smiling up he came and off we danced!  Must say his pals all laughing too!  He really is a lovely person so according to Facebook we are o.k. even if we are over 70 yrs!

Give it a go Ladies it is worth it for the song and maybe a great dance too.  Lol.  P.s. he is still playing Mah Jong!

Honored Contributor

Re: Want to Dance? Is Romance Dead!

[ Edited ]

Atta’ Gurl @dulwich  !!!

We frequently dance in the moonlight 🌙 

We’re feeling warm and bright

@dulwich 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe   Love 'dancing in the moonlight' idea have to move the game table outside!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Drythe   Love 'dancing in the moonlight' idea have to move the game table outside!

@dulwich 

Psst.....And send the others home.

(Big Van Morrison fan here)

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe   Oh I Love Van Morrison too.   Got tickets while ago took DH and he hated every minute of show  -  his comment 'whole show sounded like one looong drawn out song'.

I loved every minute of it.

You'd never believe DH worked  in rock/roll business for years but hates most of music - likes the people but very rarely will watch the show - but he did have a dance!

Honored Contributor

YEAH! YOU GO GIRL !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich  Age is meaningless... You work that spark and gleam in his eye, slippers and all!Smiley Wink

Love Van Morrison....one of my favs Into the Mystic.  His Rosicrucian root is evident in his music.

Honored Contributor

As long as you are breathing, still moving, you can still dance --- why not?  I don't have the moves I used to --- but I know I still have rhythm --- I might have it more in more heart and soul than I do in my feet now --- but I still have a few good moves!  DH and I love music, pretty much all kinds (not crazy about rap though) and we do a few moves around the kitchen quite often!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@dulwich @AngelPuppy1 @phoenixbrd @ECBG @Drythe 

For those of you who have husbands and there is still that "spark" 

Congratulations! You are very lucky!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@dulwich .....I love dancing, I was a late starter, began going to dance clubs/parties during the disco era with girlfriends, had the best time of my life, we would go out on Thurs, Fri & Sat nights and then rest on Sunday.   This all stopped when I met my hubby (he is not a dancer) he will slow dance with me at receptions/gatherings but I know he is not comfortable so I don't force him but he does not mind me dancing with other males that he knows.  Whenever I hear a disco song,  I still reminisce about the fun me and my girlfriends had back in our heyday!