Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I did my biweekly grocery pickup they had stock of everything.  Pasta, TP, Kleenex, and laundry.  No idea why other parts of the county are running out.

Honored Contributor
My own part of the country is short on various items, in most of the stores, off and on, and has been for at least a year+. With several issues going on; pandemic with over 550,000 dead in this country alone, more recently the Suez Canal blockage, jacked-up tariffs of recent years which we pay, etc. it all plays into the supply and demand of products, along with the ever-decreasing ability to easily procure the ingredients to manufacture all of these items.
"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

OP, I'm curious where you live.  In my area (large metro) the stores are full, same with my family in CA. I see no shortages and in fact, items that were hard to find at the start of the pandemic now are restocked.

What crisis are you referring to?

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

OP, I'm curious where you live.  In my area (large metro) the stores are full, same with my family in CA. I see no shortages and in fact, items that were hard to find at the start of the pandemic now are restocked.

What crisis are you referring to?

She's talking about something that is not supposed to be talked about in any of these forums, let alone the fashion forum.

Coming up with a theory about Walmart shelves without any facts to back that up. And posting it here.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

There are people coming with just the clothes on their back, they need the basic supplies for personal health.  There are small children that need clean clothes, shoes on their feet, that's the crisis.

I personally was surprised so I thought I would share, nothing more to read into this.

Unfortunately @Just Bling there is a lot of poverty. This is not a new or surprising thing

But thanks for bringing this up, with the abundance that we shoppers have, we can all share from what we have, as many posters report they do.