Valued Contributor

Walmart Selling Lord & Taylor On-line

About 6 months ago I read an article about Walmart selling more "upscale" products on-line; starting with a partnership with Lord & Taylor. On Black Friday I bought some kitchen items from Walmart. I also found a pair of Olukai Kalupa Kai flip flops (my favorites) for $53 from a 3rd party. Olukai sells them for $80 (up from the $65 previously price) and you need $100 for free shipping on their site. I also bought two, 2 ply cashmere sweaters from Lord & Taylor on the Walmart site for $49 each - one cardigan, 1 V-neck pullover. I went to the Lord & Taylor website and they were priced the same, but I didn't qualify for free shipping. $35 on Walmart got me free shipping.

Over the past two days I've received all of my items. The sweaters are gorgeous! They're now priced at $59 each and had I known how beautiful they were I would have bought more! I'll be keeping my peepers peeled to see if they come down after Christmas. Walmart's shipping is, by far, superior to both Olukai's and Lord & Taylor. Glad to see them adding some great brands at affordable prices.

Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart Selling Lord & Taylor On-line

@Its Me LuLuBelle2Thanks for the heads up.  I just received a $49 cashmere sweater directly from L&T with free shipping.  Will check Walmart in the future.

Honored Contributor

No doubt the cashmere is probably a calling card for the newly minted Walmart/Lord & Taylor relationship but some of the other items documented as L&T items appear to be less than the quality normally expected of L&T, based on price alone.  Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

Is this something new with companies selling for another company?  I have seen J Crew items on Nordstrom.  I must be behind times, someone enlighten me about it.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1, from the article I read in the NY Times (May 2018), Lord and Taylor wants to find a wider audience and Walmart is looking for a different cutomer. @NameAlreadyTaken, Lord and Taylor has the exact same sweater on their site. Trust me, I own cashmere and these two I just got are lovely. Is it $500+ cashmere, no, but that's out of my range. But I do have $100+ cashmere and this is comparable. Works for me.