Respected Contributor

brafront.pngbraback.png

For me, around the house. For a teen, anywhere. The ribbed material is incredibly soft and stretchy. 92% nylon, 8% spandex. No junky polyester. That's why it's so soft. How did Walmart get this done at such a low price?

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Probably because it's made in mass quantities and in China.  

I asked my sister (who is in fashion as a tech designer), how could Old Navy sell their clothes so cheap and she told me it's because they buy the material in massive quantities (like the entire production) so the cost of the fabric is cheap for them, and then mass produce them in factories. Sheer volume of what is made and sold.

I noticed that they do use the same fabric for different items, so it makes perfect sense to me. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

It could be that it will stretch out faster and will not last as long.  I've had really good tops like that that are just as good as new for at least 20 years and others that stretched out after only a few washings and wearing.  Only time will tell if the lower price was worth it.

Valued Contributor

Not to put a huge damper on it, but if you do a little research one can find news articles about the lack of freedom to choose one's employment in that country, and lack of ability to request a living wage. Do you know about the Uyghurs? 

Respected Contributor

It looks like a bra to me and in the description is labeled as a bra.

This is what I think of as a crop top

Champion Women's Cropped Tee

Super Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. This would make a great undershirt. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

It is amazing what you can find at Walmart.  They have some cute things.  They even have Justice girls clothing.  I remember when you could only get the brand at a Justice store in the mall.

Respected Contributor

Old Novy clothes to me look and feel like they were cheap.  Have gone into an Old Navy store in our Mall because something in the window looked cute for my young adult granddaughter in law.  Changed my mind when I went in and felt it.  Looked around and found nothing worth buying for her.  Went up to American Eagle and found her some tops and jeans for my grandson.  Part of their Christmas gifts.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3   I would consider a good grade of polyester to be better than nylon.  Today's poly is definitely not junky unless you buy a really cheap grade.  I see alot of the cheap grade when B&M shopping.

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee  I absolutely agree with you about crop top. This material is so soft and thick it almost feels like a sweater. I waivered back and forth between the two words and settled on crop top because I use Bali crop tops, which are bras,  and I never had a bra feel like a sweater. 

In either case, I'm always in favor of precise writing.