Trusted Contributor

I just received my Isaac T-shirt on"waitlist".  When I  tried it on I noticed that it fit differntly from the other colors that I have then immediately noticed it had this sickening  floral fragrance similar to fabric softener.  It was so bad and intense that my entire bedroom stinks from it and I can still smell it on my body, so I'm going to take another shower.    I  put it back in the pastic bag & sealed to return.  My Question:  I thought wait list was supposed to be unworn apparel?   I have never had this happen before.  It is obvous that it was worn then laundered.  Shouldn't it have been sold under "As is"?

Honored Contributor

@Danielle46

Yes, returned items SHOULD be sold as an 'As Is' item, but many of us have received returned items at a price as if they're new, when on waitlist especially.

You can search the forums for "received a return" and see how often that happens.

Wrong for Q to do this, but they do, unfortunately.

It's happened to me too, sorry it also happend to you!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I am going to call CS and tell them I want my shipping refunded!!!

Honored Contributor

@Danielle46

Yes, call CS and tell them that you intend to return it as 'defective', since it obviously had been washed (and maybe dried incorrectly in an effort to shrink) and you won't have to pay the return shipping.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't know that the policy says you won't receive a return.  It happens at the B&M stores.  You return it, they put it on a hanger and out on the floor.  For this reason, I rarely stay on waitlist.

Honored Contributor

Every store in the world puts returned items - unless they are damaged - back out in service as new. Why shouldn't QVC?

Honored Contributor

"Worn" is different than "returned."  Worn items should not be sold at all, period. 

Honored Contributor

@151949wrote:

Every store in the world puts returned items - unless they are damaged - back out in service as new. Why shouldn't QVC?

@151949.  I have frequently been on waitlist, at I am right now, and have often received returned merchandise. I've never received anything that wasn't in new, pristine condition.  Thank goodness they send out returned merchandise or I'd have missed out on many pretty things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Waitlist question

[ Edited ]

I am a New Yorker, the stores allow you to return things but not if they were washed and worn, STINK and have no tags (unless there was a defect).  In addtion, B & M stores (that I shop at)  would never put them on the rack if they were washed and shrunk in addtion to the garment having a horrible odor!  I don't know where you people shop, but the stores I shop at in NY would never put something on the racks like this. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think it is ethical to sell a used item as new no matter the price. The Q definitely does this as I have received used items at full price and "new", which I promptly return for full refunds. I don't imagine it is legal either. 

I have received worn shoes from Zappos before it was swallowed, and also from Amazon but an outside vendor. They all went back. I don't take issue with stuff that has been tried on and that is usually obvious too. That happens ALL the time now, but it was rare early on  with internet shopping.