Honored Contributor

I have canceled orders and received confirmation via email that the orders were canceled and the products were sent anyway. CS will send you a letter with an apology and tell you to send it back on them, but you still must check your account to see if indeed they did not charge you for postage.

Valued Contributor

SurferWife~~Thank you for your comment.  I don't understand how Susan Loise can respond with an unpleasant comment, when I was writing to help others.  Hard to believe.  I feel sure most people like to have the info I posted.  Let's try to keep posts positive on these boards!

Honored Contributor

HSN allows until midnight of the day you place your order to cancel.  So if you order at 12:10 a.m. you have until 11:59 pm to cancel. After that, you are stuck.

I have had luck cancelling items with Evine but I don't do it often. Generally it's because I decide to change the color of what I ordered so I cancel and re-order a different color.

QVC gets a lot of flack for slow shipping but then they get a lot of flack if people can't cancel because the item is in the shipping process too quickly.  Many places do not allow cancellations at all. Once you place an order, it's yours unless you return it.

Honored Contributor

As per a CS rep I spoke with this morning about this exact matter (didn't see the thread until just now), we have until midnight to cancel any order, even something that comes in via Waitlist. 

My way of ordering something:

If the item is on waitlist and I want it, I go ahead and "buy"it. I give it 2 weeks. After that, I cancel it unless I really REALLY want it. 99% of the time, I wind up canceling the item as it hasn't come into stock in 2 weeks. A few times, I clicked on at 6 am to cancel and at some point in the wee hours, it must have come in stock because it says "processing". On the occasion I had made up my mind to not get it (for whatever reason), I hit cancel and usually it cancels. If not, I call CS and they take care of it. Rarely, it still ships. I call back, CS sees it was cancelled and they provide me with a free shipping label and remove all charges from my card. Never have had an issue doing this.

Pick your battles. This isn't one worth fighting since CS will take care of it.

Honored Contributor

This thread is actually rather timely.  I don't really know how all this waitlist shipping works because I don't generally order items on waitlist.

However, Friday night I ordered something that was on waitlist.  Yesterday I apparently received an e-mail that my order had shipped.  I didn't check my e-mails until today.

I highly suspect that since I just ordered Friday and it shipped already that someone canceled or their payment didn't go through so my order processed right away.  But I never received any message that my item came off waitlist and was in process.  

Honored Contributor

i use waitlist for items i want. every once in a while i go through and cancel an item because i may have found something similar elsewhere, but most of the time i want the item.

i use my wishlist for items that i am thinking about. if and when i am ready i then place an order for those. some of them i miss out on, some of them not......i dont mind "taking a chance."

i know i hear some complain about the length of time an order takes to ship, but i think a waitlist item shipping out quickly is a bonus.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I don't recall ever receiving an email that my Waitlist order had been fulfilled. There's the initial message " Thank you for your purchase" though it's on Waitlist and then "You're item has shipped!". That's it. It's catching the item between Waitlist status and Shipped status that's tricky since you're not notified of the change. 

My system has worked very well for me; 2 weeks is enough time (for me) to find it elsewhere, to find something else altogether or decide I don't need it. That's why, when I cancel it, I make sure it IS canceled and any hiccups, CS fixes it for me.