Honored Contributor

Waffle knit tops

[ Edited ]

Do you like waffle knit tops? 

I know Fall & Winter are approaching when I start seeing waffle knit tops for sale.

I don’t like the texture of waffle knit. It doesn’t feel soft enough for me. IMO it also gives off a masculine vibe. Waffle knit reminds me of thermal underwear. Maybe that’s why I don’t like it as a stand alone top. 

For those who like it, enjoy! It’s just not a texture I like. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Waffle knit tops

[ Edited ]

I do like waffle knit in the winter, because it's warm but not bulky.  If I layer a sweater over one, I don't feel like the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man!

I have a few long sleeved waffle knit tops, and wear them a lot in the cold months.  

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

It's definitely long underwear material but I've always liked it.

It feels nice on but I especially like the visual texture..

Respected Contributor

I like waffle knits a lot - tops and PJ's. I like ones that are cotton or cotton blends. They're warm without being heavy. That works well where I live. It's definitely a casual look IMO. 

Super Contributor

I have a couple long sleeved waffle knit tops that I wear to sleep in in the winter. They are snug so they don't move - even the sleeves stay put! I hate when cold are can get inSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I don't like that they always seem to run large or soon stretch out and become too big. They never seem to fit right.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of Quacker waffle knit tops and I like them. One has grommets and the other has a pumpkin (guess I can wear that soon)   They fit a little loose but I don't mind, comfy, cute dressing for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I  like them!   

As a matter of fact, in the Fall/Winter, I often wear the lightweight real thermal tops.  Under sweaters, etc.  

Sometimes I even wear them with vests and winter scarves.

I own quite a few real thermal tops (some in men's Small or Medium ...... sizing varies) and also in colors, prints, etc.

Very comfortable during the colder days.

I must say, though, that the cotton blends, and also synthetics, are easier to wash and dry.  Real cotton options are quite a bit heavier, and take longer to completely dry.  Over drying will shrink them. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I like that bit of added texture.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am always cold so I like the waffle knits. I wear scarves or jewelry to fem. them up a bit.  I just ordered 3 from W mart 8.98.  I got the black, black camo and the burgundy color. The ratings are good.  I used to order one or two from D&Co, the henley, but the prices have gone up so much and quality has changed.