Honored Contributor

Re: WOman's clothing choices

I have been both impressed & puzzled at outfits I have seen in public on both men & women. It sure is interesting to see what people choose to wear.

Regarding this woman in leggings...I have never liked leggings, but they have been around so long now that I am used to seeing them - the good and the bad. Yes, she can wear what she wants, but I don't understand why wearing a longer top is so difficult. 

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Who appointed you Chief of Fashion Police...lol   Why do you care so much about what other women choose to wear?   It's not you are some type of fashion expert,  Fashion is a choice, there's no right and there is no wrong.  We wear what we want to wear....period.  And when get down from that high horse you are riding; look in the mirror....because a whole lot of women think YOU are dressed like something from horror story...lol   

Do you ever post anything that isn't contentious?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I love people watching.  As I am going about my business, shopping at the mall or whatever I am doing, I am always curious.  I mean, I don't just stare and be intrusive, but I do notice people and what they are wearing, their makeup, their hair, etc.  Sometimes, I will think --- oh, gee -- that looks so nice -- why didn't I think to put that outfit together like that.  Or, maybe --- I love the way her makeup is applied or her hairstyle, etc.

Then, there is the opposite, and I think -- oh, goodness --- do I look that bad when I wear that???  I agree that its definitely everyone's choice to wear what they want, but sometimes I do think some are doing themselves a disservice by some of the things they wear.  I mean, why deliberately accentuate some of your figure flaws??  

I am very sensitive about different areas of my body.  For instance, since I've gotten older, I have a little pouchy stomach thing -- it's not large, but I try to be careful not to wear anything that will show it. And my hips and thighs I have never been fond of, so if I am wearing something a little more formfitting, I will wear a longer top.  

A lot of those stretchy bottoms that are out now --- some are in very wild prints, some are plain --- they are comfortable - but they are not forgiving in how they show off the body ---what is good and what is bad!  

Well, good for you...lol   But you understand that fashion is about personal choice.  So, while you might think you dreess well and appropriate and look quite nice....there are other women who think you look like a hot mess and they wonder why you venture outside dressed like that.  That's their opinion and they are entitled to it.  I this bashing of other women for the choices in clothing is generaltonal thing, younger women don't do it nearly as much as the older set does.  In fact it's one of the traits that shouts "old lady talking".  I've learned to reign it in.  It's mean and it's disrepectful to other women and it's just plain silly.  

@chrystaltree

Gee --- whew--- no need to rip me!  I am just giving my opinion --- as we all have a right to.  As I posted, I did say that I feel we are all entitled to wear what we want -- and I never indicated otherwise.  And yes --- I DO understand that fashion is a personal choice.  Your post to me is very rude and condescending.  I was not bashing anyone in my post nor, do I bash other women for their choices in anything.  And --- I am sure people think at times that I look like a hot mess.  That's their right, too.  No need to attack me for simply replying to a post.  And that was very rude - your comment about "old lady talking."  Who is being judgmental and rude here??? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin