Honored Contributor

WOW - great on sale items at kroger!!!

[ Edited ]

Do any of you have kroger super stores that have fashions, jewelry, clothing, scarves for women & clothing for men?  I do.  After I sent off early bday gift to my sister at UPS I had to stop for a few items on my list and there's a kroger in the same center as the UPS. 

So when you walk into the store, you run right into the clothing, fashions, etc.  Of course I HAD to look.  They're changing out winter garb for yes, you guessed it SPRING/SUMMER stuff!!!!  What does this mean for me?  WINTER GARB all marked down!!!!

Scarves - I'm a sucker for scarves and I have LOTS and LOTS.  They had $20 ones at 80% off.  Nice ones, soft ones, brand called 'softer than cashmere'.  I had to look at all of the great patterns and solids, I HAD to touch them.  I chose 3 - one a baby soft solid pink which I draped on now.  The other two are an orange plaid and a darkish brown pattern with lovely muted colors.  LOVE all three for a total of $12.00!!!!!

Turned a corner and there were sets (or not) of all those great jeweled necklaces with matching earrings just hanging there sparkling at me.  Well, I had to buy two sets, one in coral-y pinks in faux gold, and the other which I LOVE is a red, bright blue and opal-y white set in faux silver.  Two more steals - both sets totalled $10.00!!!! Couldn't wait to get home to try on my scarves and jewels.  What great finds!!!

My super duper store has great fahions too - tees, skirts, sweaters of all styles, pants, pj's, you name it they have it.  And yes, my DH has found great buys (clothes) for work too.

Then I got the items that WERE on my list - you know the food stuff I needed which was more yogurt, a bunch of fruit, shredded cheese, industrial sized coffee.  Good stuff but boring compared to MY FINDS!!!!! 

The stuff not on my lists usually are more fun than what's on the list.  You know what I'm saying!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WOW - great on sale items at kroger!!!

Wow, interesting! They're building a new Kroger's near me. But unfortunately, I've heard nothing about it being a Super one. I would sure enjoy that, though. Lucky you!

Respected Contributor

I shop at Frys (kroger owns them) it's just a grocery store but not far from me they are building a Frys Marketplace which carries everything. I think it should be open by June. Can't wait.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I have one about 2 minutes away from me. They call it Kroger Marketplace around here. They used to sell furniture and then last year cleared it all out and started selling fashions. My thought at first is who is going to buy fashion at the grocery store but they have some really pretty things there! Prices aren't bad either.  They are very nice stores. Our Kroger is always jammed packed. Not all Krogers are Marketplaces so we are lucky to have one. I love it.

Respected Contributor

Our Frys (Kroger) on the 1st Wednesday of the month anyone 55yr & older get 10% off their groceries wonder if I go to the marketplace can I still get 10% off anything I buy there?

Respected Contributor

Michigan has a chain of Meijer stores throughout the state. I love their fashions! I can always find something that suits me.

Respected Contributor

This is sooooo funny.  I went to Kroger today and left there with an armful of clothing items.  What a deal!  Doesn't it feel strange to have clothing mixed in with your groceries?  Yes - at a fraction of the original price.  They have great clearances on very nice clothing all the time.  Great selection on workout clothes too! 

Honored Contributor

I buy most of my clothing there and gets tons of compliments.iNordstrom people will ask where I got parts of my outfit.They are a little surprised when I tell them and yes the deals are amazing.I get almost all of my gym clothes there and now so do the rest of the ladies I work out with.