Regular Contributor

Re: WOW finally gave Louis time to show items!

On 1/19/2015 Writer with Flair said:
On 1/19/2015 Sheesh said:
On 1/19/2015 JustJazzmom said:

I wonder if its because Lisa is no longer driving the train to this show that he got a longer demonstration time. I always felt that Lisa always tried to steer him out the door whenever he was on with her. She came across to me that way whenever he was on. JMHO.

I totally agree, JJM, there was always something "off" with the two of them---and I saw it coming from Lisa, not Louis. I'm not a Lisa basher by any means, but I always wondered what it was between her and Louis---did his bona fides as a real designer make her incredibly insecure? And it frustrated me to no end that she always wore a size too small which never showed the Linea items in their best light.

Sheesh,

You definitely were right about the too small clothing with Lisa. When I have seen her wear too small items in the past (especially jackets and cardigans), I just assumed that it was some fashion trend that I had not heard about. Personally, I always try to wear things that fit comfortably enough so, hopefully, I do not remind people a stuffed sausage.

I also have noticed that Linea items are not pressed as nicely for presentations as IM's or JR's are. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Linea and George Simonton always get short shrift while LOCO is getting her own hour. Go figure.
Honored Contributor

It seemed like Sandra facilitated him being able to show jewelry and go into more detail by asking questions.

Valued Contributor

LINEA is the BEST brand of clothing on QVC.......it truly is "designer."

I too always am so happy to see Louis, because he gives an entire "Look" that is classy and elegant.

I wish he were on more! I hope we only see glimpses of him because he is too busy with his own line.........but it does not seem as if QVC appreciates him as much as he deserves.

Anyone else feel this way?

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Celticrose said: Sandra did a great job tonight with PM Style, but that lace LOGO top was beyond ugly. Aaack! Even the gorgeous Brenda looked ridiculous.

I own a few Logo tops and the ones I own, that didn't pill, I like, but let's face it she does a million versions of the same top. I wouldn't call her a designer. I would doubt she knows anything about how to construct a real garment. Right now she's hot until she isn't.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 65and fabulous said:

I too always am so happy to see Louis, because he gives an entire "Look" that is classy and elegant.

I wish he were on more! I hope we only see glimpses of him because he is too busy with his own line.........but it does not seem as if QVC appreciates him as much as he deserves

I don't care if my clothes scream designer.

I've known about Louis long before he came to QVC and still feel his designs (and most of his colors) are more suited to a far different body type than mine.

Right now any QVC clothing dollars I spend go to Susan G - what I've ordered from her fits, lasts and is better made and priced than the similar Micheal Kors' line Nordstrom pushes.

Regular Contributor

I wish he were on more! I hope we only see glimpses of him because he is too busy with his own line.........but it does not seem as if QVC appreciates him as much as he deserves.

I do. I think Linea classy and elegant. You can then "funk" it up or leave it classy - whatever your choice with jewelry or scarves. George Simonton is another REAL designer. I don't watch QVC much, rather going online to purchase, but when I do it's these two "designers" I look for.

Respected Contributor

ITA. Louis is all class and elegance. He's an iconic designer in a class by himself, especially when you consider his long & distinguished resume--no other designer at QVC even comes close to matching it. I also think he's among a rare breed of designer who's disappearing from the industry, so we are especially fortunate to have his designs at QVC.

I keep hoping the new (& improved, we hope) QVC management starts to appreciate what they have in him and give him more air time and more budget!

Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 GraceCO said:

ITA. Louis is all class and elegance. He's an iconic designer in a class by himself, especially when you consider his long & distinguished resume--no other designer at QVC even comes close to matching it. I also think he's among a rare breed of designer who's disappearing from the industry, so we are especially fortunate to have his designs at QVC.

I keep hoping the new (& improved, we hope) QVC management starts to appreciate what they have in him and give him more air time and more budget!

GraceCo I so agree with all you said. I been buying Louis's clothing since the early 80's. His styles are perfect for me. Here's hoping new management appreciates him.

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if its because Lisa is no longer driving the train to this show that he got a longer demonstration time. I always felt that Lisa always tried to steer him out the door whenever he was on with her. She came across to me that way whenever he was on. JMHO.

Spot on.

Trusted Contributor

Agree. I always felt uncomfortable watching those two together. There was a tension or ? between the two. I don't care for Sandra as a host because she doesn't give out any pertinent info about the item being presented, but it was so nice to see Luis relaxed and taking his time explaining his clothing and jewelry.