Valued Contributor

WOW finally gave Louis time to show items!

I think this was the first show I have seen that Louis was given enough time on a fashion show with other designers to really demonstrate an item. Really gave him an opportunity to discuss all the details of this fabulous shirt. Great up close camera shots; only wish they had shown Jac's grey sweater closer and longer since that is a new color. Maybe things are looking up!

Honored Contributor

Re: WOW finally gave Louis time to show items!

When was Louis on? Regretfully, I must have missed that.

Honored Contributor

Name, he was on about 30 minutes into the PM Style show.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

thank you. been on the phone with doctors and missed it.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if its because Lisa is no longer driving the train to this show that he got a longer demonstration time. I always felt that Lisa always tried to steer him out the door whenever he was on with her. She came across to me that way whenever he was on. JMHO.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 JustJazzmom said:

I wonder if its because Lisa is no longer driving the train to this show that he got a longer demonstration time. I always felt that Lisa always tried to steer him out the door whenever he was on with her. She came across to me that way whenever he was on. JMHO.

I totally agree, JJM, there was always something "off" with the two of them---and I saw it coming from Lisa, not Louis. I'm not a Lisa basher by any means, but I always wondered what it was between her and Louis---did his bona fides as a real designer make her incredibly insecure? And it frustrated me to no end that she always wore a size too small which never showed the Linea items in their best light.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

And I agree with you sheesh that Lisa wore a size smaller than her actual size in the Linea items. It made the clothing look bad, especially if you are pulling it to either keep it closed (so to speak) or if it was buttoned, the button holes looked puckered.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Interesting observation by you two; I also thought there was something off and wondered if she was so protective of her GILI brand that she perceived him as the only competition she had. I like Lisa and admire many things she did and think she brought a nice addition of different styles to QVC. I noticed in one her photos, at her home with friends, she is wearing a Linea peasant blouse with tie belt. There was always a "rush" but tonight there was more time allocated to details. I really enjoyed Louis's segment. Wish I could install a very loud alert noise when he comes on, I hate to sit through all of that other stuff waiting for him.

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Sheesh said:
On 1/19/2015 JustJazzmom said:

I totally agree, JJM, there was always something "off" with the two of them---and I saw it coming from Lisa, not Louis. I'm not a Lisa basher by any means, but I always wondered what it was between her and Louis---did his bona fides as a real designer make her incredibly insecure? And it frustrated me to no end that she always wore a size too small which never showed the Linea items in their best light.

Sheesh,

You definitely were right about the too small clothing with Lisa. When I have seen her wear too small items in the past (especially jackets and cardigans), I just assumed that it was some fashion trend that I had not heard about. Personally, I always try to wear things that fit comfortably enough so, hopefully, I do not remind people a stuffed sausage.

I also have noticed that Linea items are not pressed as nicely for presentations as IM's or JR's are. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Regular Contributor

Sandra did a great job tonight with PM Style, but that lace LOGO top was beyond ugly. Aaack! Even the gorgeous Brenda looked ridiculous.