Esteemed Contributor

Prices are going up and that trend will continue.  I do not believe that you can compare prices from years ago, even on the same design.  I do remember the 5 easy pieces and the designer.  While I cannot remember his name, I liked having the pieces in my closet.   That said, I recently returned my first (after 30 years with her) top of Susan's that I could have gotten at Walmart for $15 or less, which is what I wrote on the return.  Times sure have changed for all of us, and prices are up, but that does not mean that quality should be lacking.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

Many brands on QVC are now very pricey.  The one that just hits me in the face every time it is on is SIDE STITCH.  $130-150 for casual shirts that look like denim, but we are told the fabric is much better than denim.  Some shoes are also $150 and up, like Miz Mooz shoes and Fly London.   These items are definitely out of my price range. 

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed.  Many items have gone up in price in a short period of time.  I'm happy I have enough clothing to last the rest of my life.  Though I do indulge once in awhile if it's something I really like.  Same with shoes and everything else.   Now all I have to do is get out of my manicure habit, as that is getting ridiculous too.  I know the prices have increased for everything since "you know what"  and I can somewhat understand it within reason, but prices for simple services and items are out of control, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Restraint That’s  exactly how I feel about some other QVC offerings that sell for the same prices or more.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy lol.  I’m close to needing some new no-show sox and new panties.   Beyond that I believe I can go a year or two without truly needing any clothes.

Even when I need to get “dressed” I could wear almost the same outfit changed a bit with accessories or a sweater.  I only have to satisfy me —. Guaranteed no one else cares.  There are no fashion police in my life.

Esteemed Contributor

I have bought some replacement pieces ( because wash and wear does eventually need replacing). I've purchased on sale clothing from Chicos, Talbots, Landsend and Duluth Trading plus masks from Old Navy.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe the trade wars? Sellers in the US pay these tariffs and must pass them along to their customers. Don't know if clothing has been affected, though.

Honored Contributor

As most pointed out here -- since I'm retired and my main clothes are swimsuit, capri, shorts & t-shirt's I see those prices are now the norm.

I don't dress up anymore.  I only keep them for my cruise days.   I have the black dress & slacks I  use when I go on cruises.  I don't do the formal nights or always use dining room service -- I like casual comfy for the buffet.  but pack them "just in case"! 

Honored Contributor

I purchased a lot of clothing during the shut down due to Covoid.  I figured prices would go up and I am a pretty classic dresser so no worry about it going out of style.  I mostly shopped J. Crew, Gap, Anthropologie, Talbots, Ann Taylor, etc.  $79 t-shirts for $19, $125 sweaters for $30.  Now I need to purge to find room for everything! 

Valued Contributor

Milli, go to Amazon for socks. Can't beat the prices. I just ordered underwear, just plain Hanes cotton, again the price was so low. Free shipping if you are Prime.