Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

When I find a top locally for $50 I snap it up!!! That's very reasonable! I'm not cheap when it come to buying clothes. I like the finer ones. Cheap is cheap. Must throw it out after a few washings. $68 dollars for a sweater? Boom! It'd be in my closet! Woman Happy

never happened to me 

I have stuff of all prices nothing has had to be tossed after washing a few times.

yes some clothing it too cheap,  but saying all inexpensive clothing won't last isn't true for everyone 

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of prices, I saw an ad come thru on my phone for a quilt from Patagonia. Well I should have known it would be expensive. I just checked the website and it is $250 (fair trade and recycled materials). I'm not buying for that price. The last item I bought from Patagonia was a fleece and I didn't realize how expensive it was because I wasn't wearing my glasses to read the price tag when I picked it out. I should have told the checkout person that I had changed my mind but I didn't (sigh - no guts). However that was over 10 years ago and I still have the fleece jacket and wear it quite often in cold weather so I guess overall I have gotten my $ worth from the purchase.  

Frequent Contributor

It was Donna Karan, 5 East pieces to complete a wardrobe-all back.

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

When I find a top locally for $50 I snap it up!!! That's very reasonable! I'm not cheap when it come to buying clothes. I like the finer ones. Cheap is cheap. Must throw it out after a few washings. $68 dollars for a sweater? Boom! It'd be in my closet! Woman Happy

@ID2 Very well said!  I agree 110 percent.  

Valued Contributor

Re: WOW...clothing prices!

[ Edited ]

I wonder who buys them. I know when I ordered a top or two in the past, in wasnt nearly as good of a quality as I would've paid for one from a decent store. Im picky about my clothes tho. Honestly, I got a top from Q on sale for $20 and it was terrible quality. I dont  wear it and about to give it away. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

As in everything today "price doesn't always equal quality"!

I have clothes bought many years ago on "clearance" that I still wear today!  I loved the store Avenue at the end of a season I'd buy a lot of summer stuff.  

Recently, I ordered D&C one wash "completely out of shape" or shrunk up🤷‍♀️.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Restraint wrote:
Does anyone remember the designer from many years ago that did the "easy pieces"?
I think it was 5 easy pieces.

LOVED randolph duke!

he was first on qvc, then hsn.

used to purchase many of his clothing items, including his five easy pieces.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

For natural fibers and real leather, prices in good department stores have always been high.  Sweaters average $205.00-$350.00 range.  Boots made in Italy & Spain leather $1,000.00 up.  

You're always going to have fast fashion in synthetic fibers for low prices & places to buy like Old Navy. .  But even those are creeping up.  China is out priced in some companies, so they're going to places like Bangladesh,

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Restraint wrote:
Does anyone remember the designer from many years ago that did the "easy pieces"?
I think it was 5 easy pieces.

LOVED randolph duke!

he was first on qvc, then hsn.

used to purchase many of his clothing items, including his five easy pieces.

@sunshine45  I was a big fan of Randolph Duke's QVC 5-Easy Pieces.   The pieces were so well made and covered so many fashion bases. I loved the fabric (although my memory does not recall the exact blend right now).  It was soft, but not flimsy.  I was even able to incorporate the pieces into my work wardrobe.  The leggings in the set were fabulous with a hint of spandex to keep them from bagging, but otherwise a soft breathable fabric with a fit more like a super skinny pant than tights.  The set Randolph did for HSN was not as nice.  

@Andreatoo  Include me in the rave for Duluth's No Yank Tanks and Tees.  I have also recently discovered Buck Naked, Organic Cotton, and Breezeshooter undies and wow, what comfort. Woman Happy  

Honored Contributor

Prices are going to go up and people may regret some of the stuff they are throwing away so happily now next year.