Honored Contributor

Re: WNTW: Banned Clothing = Capris & white cross trainers

The shows been cancelled anyhow so maybe people got tired of their advice.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Krimpette said:

My interpretation has always been: in order of length:

Shorts, bermuda shorts, pedal pushers, capris, crops, ankle pants. I have many pairs of capris and they come about 2 inches below the knee. The pedal pushers are just below the knee. I won't buy crops because the length looks horrible on me.

I agree with you regarding the length order.

What were called capris in the '50's and '60's were more accurately ankle pants by today's definitions.

I prefer Bermudas, pedal pushers and capri length. I think the crop length is the most difficult to wear but if the cut is slim, they can be done. Ankle pants also need to be slim cut. If there is any flare, they just look like floods.

Esteemed Contributor

I like them and I really like watching the show, but I don't care what they think about what I should do.

I like capris. My legs are not what they used to be so I like the coverage BUT I don't like crops. I'm too short, I just don't find them flattering for me.

I never did like denim shorts anyway, so I don't care about that either.

White cross trainers? I love cross trainers but I usually get gray or black rather than white, not because of fashion, but just so they don't look dirty so soon, LOL.

So while I don't mind hearing Stacy and Clinton's opinions, I don't have to follow them either. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Love capris. Agree with the white sneaker verdict, though.

Honored Contributor

AS far as I'm concerned the awful way those 2 dress negates anything they say!!! They don't recognize that the clothing they pick for their victims is not practical for most women's day to day life. They throw away their clothing and in the end they have nothing to wear for most of the functions of their lives. Who is anyone to decide what someone should or should not wear??!!!

Honored Contributor

You do all realize this show was canceled a while back?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2014 willdob3 said:

You do all realize this show was canceled a while back?

Sure, but I will still watch reruns that air so therefore, I don't mind talking about them.

I've also pulled up episodes on youtube, as well as episodes of Ten Years Younger, a show I still miss. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't own any capris or white sneakers. I don't like the way capris cut me off so I wear walk shorts that hit just above me knee. My legs and knees look fine so right now there is no need for me to cover them up. All my sneakers are colors other than white. I only wear them with jeans or sweats.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I agree, I don't wear capris, shorts, or exercise clothes, only crops.

I proudly wear them all! I am COOL!

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to wear all of those on my tractor!