Super Contributor
Hi fashion friends!

"Memorable" items are just not very versatile, but I have room in my closet for a few...

I was determined to come up with another way to wear this jacket. Not the most inspiring difference from the first way I styled it, but it makes me feel better to have two ways to wear it in two different weather conditions (warm transition and summer).

*Linen Lafayette jacket. *Thrifted Doncaster sky blue silk cami (came with a matching linen eyelet blouse, which I haven't worn yet). *Light wash AG Harper jeans. *Bueno woven sandals. *Sak straw bag. *Old gold toned jewelry.

Slight variation that I wore for transition...

This probably falls into the unusual!! category, but I'm always on the lookout for non-boring button front collared shirts for summer (my favorite, but I also don't want to look like I'm wearing almost the same outfit every day), and this fit the bill.

It has unusual buttons, black piping, a collar with a built-in flexible stay (pop it, pinch it, it stays!), and a fun print. The lightweight rayon/nylon fabric is a pebble texture. 

I usually lop off the arm tab and remove button, but I like the piping.

I've seen this brand throughout the years at Dillard's and in boutiques, but this is the first one I liked enough to buy. I have no idea if this depicts the actual London skyline or just a clock tower city scape, but I'm going to call it my Big Ben shirt haha.

*Thrifted (beach) John Mark Big Ben shirt. *Old G by Guiliana jeggings. *Baggallini. *Free People jute sandals.

NWT..

$16.50 with 25% off...

Have a great week y'all.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF: Good morning!

Wow! 2 very High End thrift finds- styled as only you can. Love!

I would certainly find as many ways to wear a Lafayette 148 jacket as I could. I drool over the quality and style of this label but have not found anything "in the thrifting wild" yet. The 2 looks- completely different. Love the transitional styling.

Your Big Ben shirt: love everything about it- the piping, texture, sleeves and fun print. It looks especially great styled with your blue accessories. But the price tags! Original and thrift, less 25%. Gotta love it.

Nothing at all High End about my 2 thrift purchases this week. I am still on a Summer Whites kick: White Stag sleeveless cotton/linen blend button front shirt with white embroidery-$5.00 and Knox Rose (Target brand) white knit top with wide white woven eyelet trim. I found a small stain on the front, so I was given the top for free. I got the stain out, so when I visit that charity thrift store tomorrow I will bring the tag with me and pay the $4.00 as marked.

Enjoy your shopping and styling. Have a great week!

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF   I really like the Big Ben button down shirt. It's fun, colorful, and I like how you styled it with the turquoise bag and shoes. You could use red shoes and your red woven bag (you know how much I like that bag).

The Lafayette jacket, in my opinion, is very versatile. You could wear it with pullover tops, button down shirts, turtlenecks, etc. It doesn't have to be matchy matchy (unless you want it to). Other pieces should "go" with it. I bet you have many tops in your closet that would work with this jacket. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Lafayette linen jacked is pretty. I like anything linen. The Big Ben shirt is different. I don't think I've seen anything quite like that before. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

Nice pieces and outfits. 

You could also wear your jacket with a trouser or pant instead of jeans. I think just about any solid color could go under it. Maybe even a subtle print that has colors similar to the appliqué? 

Your printed shirt would also look good with white pants or jeans, or a medium or darker wash denim.

I totally understand your comment about "memorable pieces". I have a very striking & memorable Tahari printed velvet blazer. I wear it over a solid black dress, with black pants and a turtleneck, and with a turtleneck & jeans. I've had it for several years now, and I think I'm getting tired of it. Might decide to purge it from my wardrobe & consign it this fall. 

Thanks for continuing to share your outfits and thoughts with us. Have a great week! 

Valued Contributor
I love the Big Ben Shirt! The whole outfit is put together well and you look adorable as usual!
Esteemed Contributor

That Big Ben shirt is killer.  It's not something I normally gravitate towads but I love this for some reason.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

Re: WIW (w/e 6/3/23)...

[ Edited ]

Thanks @queendiva  ...yes, trying to find as many ways as I can to wear the Lafayette jacket...shopping my closet, of course. Their quality is indeed superb!

We're going to the beach soon, so saving my $$ for my favorite beach thrifts and consignment shops. I might ask one of my friends to periodically send me a text, "Remember the Challenge."  haha.gif

@Lisa Y   @teganslaw   @wilma   Yes, the red/pink sandals and the red straw bag look great with Big Ben. I was glad, though, to get use out of the blue Baggallini and blue sandals, which match perfectly. I admit I like it best with black accessories...surprise! grin.gif

The linen is quite substantial, so much so that it may be too hot for our sweltering summers (except at night), but the Doncaster silk cami is lightweight, so we'll see.

The biggest trouble I'm having with the Lafayette jacket are the colors. I honestly don't have much in my closet that, I thought, went with it. (Although, Cuz gave me an idea...I do have a light wash denim button front that works.  I didn't like it with white, which cut out a lot of my wardrobe haha.) It's the "rust" colored straw embroidery and the fact that it's a creamy off-white with a touch of buttery yellow undertones.

The "rust" is more clay...I'm drawn to certain shades of "rust," like pink-ish clay or reddish brick. Other than a pair of (new from Ebay) Levi's Dad jeans, this is the only item in my closet that's off-white. The few pieces I have in my closet will do for now, but Wilma's comment caused me to put off-white and rust stripe tee on my thrifting list.

Wilma, I haven't owned a pair of trousers in ages haha. And, your comment made me think that, not only are these memorable pieces memorable to others, they're also memorable to me. Among other reasons, I tire of these memorable (unusual!!) pieces easily.

Thank you @Parischic  Heart

@shoptilyadropagain   At the risk of sounding like an adolescent...I know, right!  Big Ben is just "fun" to wear and so cool and comfortable.  I fell in love with the collar that stays popped!

Thanks ladies...hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~