Valued Contributor

Re: WIW (w/e 5/13/23)...

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF Love your chic outfits and how nicely you accessorize them. Thank you for sharing.  You are a lovely lady.

Esteemed Contributor

Loving the white sheer blouse in the first look.......and I don't usually like white shirts, blouses, .......

I always appreciate your jewelry taste.  I love your cobbled together purse charm.  Now that is something I would do!

It is great that you have the know how to tweak a piece of clothing with needle and thread.  If I can't use Stitch Witchery, forget about it.......(I can sew a button on and fix a ripped seam in a pinch Woman Very Happy)

It looks like the weather is turning to summer from the backdrop of your pictures.  Your yard looks lovely and a bit hidden away.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

@Foxxee   @Parischic  Thanks.  I love that black/white/tan bag so much I baby it...afraid the whipstitching will unravel one of these days.  I've told this story before, but that red Lucky Brand straw bag was mismarked at the Rack, so I paid one cent.  Yes, you read that correctly...one cent!  Manager said it must have been my "lucky" day haha.

@KathyM23   Thanks.  Thrifting has been a Godsend.  Not only is it fun for me, I'm saving a ton of money.   This was me before thrifting...

wasting $.gif

This is me now...

Visual search query image

grin.gif  grin.gif  grin.gif

@Lisa Y   TY Cuz.  Proportions good = Mom happy!

@tends2dogs  Thanks tends.  Handsome wants me to stand in a different place on the deck...one that gives a view of the raised garden he made (plants starting to come up yay.gif).  He's a keeper!

Hello and thank you @newtoallthis  @spiderw   @QVCkitty1  @AngelPuppy1  @teganslaw @shy bobcat   Heart  wave.gif

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

My favorites are #1, 3 and 4.  I love your round handbags!!  I think I've told you this before but I fell in love with your silver cuff bracelet several years ago.  I looked high and low but couldn't find one like it but I did order one that I like and wear a lot.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

All completely great styles / styling.

Just my type of style (or what I'd like to 'copy').  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF : Loving absolutely everything in and about this week's post, with your emphasis on my favorites- thrift finds and accessories!

You can never, ever miss with black & white. Love that pretty blouse and how you customized it to best work for you.

But woman does not live by black & white alone! We need color-especially during the summer. The red outfit and accessories- fabulous.

How lucky are you to have found a pair of pants at thrift that's so great you had to buy them in black at retail? Great that you found them. Nothing like great looking, great fitting pants.

Immediately thought of you while thrifting last week as I came across a J. McLaughlin maxi dress! Not my colors (yellow & white flowers on orange), but I gave it a try. The fit and the tiered maxi style made it an easy pass, but at that store I did pick up a pair of Clark's Unstructured bronze Mary Janes on thrift clearance for $5.00. Kinds OL, but leather upper , leather lining and comfortable, and- five dollars.

Only other thrift fashion purchase, from a store I don't usually bother with was a fuchsia The North Face fleece full zip jacket. Love the color. Will wear it over black. Not completely sure if it's authentic or a knock-off, but I like it. and the quality appears to be there. Very gently worn, if at all.  A Want and never a Need when it's my weakness: outerwear.

I also succumbed to the siren call of retail this week. Ordered an Iman cutout twist front tee in black. Really different and kinda s3xy. Used a $5.00 off coupon. I hope I like it as I hate paying to try on an outfit, then having to return it.

Also, after seeing the prices on QVC for "loungewear".aka pj's, I picked up a needed pair at Marshall's for $15.00, which was less than what WM was charging for similar but not as nice.

As always, thanks for the share and inspiration. Enjoy your week!