Super Contributor

Weather here is finally starting to get quite chilly...the usual pendulum swing for this part of the country.

I found this Liz plaid jacket that reminded me of one I had as a youngster that was this exact pattern (Tartan?) and color, which may explain why I think it looks vintage...? It's a slight bit too big and too short, so I could have returned it (this thrift shop doesn't have a dressing room, so they allow returns on clothes), but I kept it because...memories. And because it looks pretty good under this vest, too.

#1  Added a lightweight grey turtleneck and wore it again a few days later...

*Thrifted Lizwear Jeans plaid jacket. *Thrifted (beach consignment) J. McLaughlin red puffer vest. *Old AG Harper jeans. *Old taupe Blondo suede ankle boots. *Old red Sak.

I'm not a big fan of plaid, but I like this (memories notwithstanding haha)...had a $1 off coupon, so for $3 I'll keep it around for a while even though it won't be a versatile piece in my closet...

#2 Contrary to what I just said haha, I also like this plaid...a flannel "vintage" (if you believe sales people) from a beach shop...

*Pink flannel plaid shirt (no name tag). *Rag & Bone  joggers...super comfortable and the legs don't get stuck in the up position, thank goodness. *Pink/white stripe Converse Chucks. (And light weight base layers.)

All the detail is printed (trompe l'oeil) on white cotton...

*Mid-weight taupe Tahari Sport pullover. *AG Harper jeans. *Blowfish sneaks.  *Thrifted Brighton necklace...

Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving...may you have so many things, great and small, to be thankful for that you can hardly count them all.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Respected Contributor

The plaids you've chosen are lovely, and the puffer makes your outfit terrific. Have a great Thanksgiving @MacDuFF  !

Valued Contributor

McDuff, you are delightful! Your outfits are an inspiration. Your comments make me laugh and that is a good thing. Love your style and expertise in thrifting. You give me ideas. I love the red vest with the plaid shirt. Thanks

Honored Contributor

You always look so put together !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Thank you!  HeartHeartHeart  @Desert Lily  @gtx  and @QVCkitty1 

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Valued Contributor

@MacDuFF 

Loved your plaid story.  Funny how we can get sentimental over certain pieces.  I'm still on the hunt for a vintage Chaus sweater I got rid of 25 years ago.  Love the puffer you paired with it.

Your #3 is my winter uniform!  

On an "I want it back" note, I had donated a Barefoot Dreams sweater about 8 months ago and regretted giving it away.

I checked periodically for it and saw it yesterday.   I told the owner I was buying my sweater back and she said, "No you're not, I'm giving it back to you".   I thought that was so nice,  

Thanks for the great outfit inspiration!

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF : Thanks for your weekly post!

As I stated previously, that J. McLaughlin sleeved vest was a super score. Bonus: it looks great with your newly thrifted plaid jacket and takes the jacket into colder weather for more wear.

Also love your thrifted Brighton necklace. Years ago I visited a Brighton outlet in NY and bought off the clearance rack hidden in the back corner of the store 3 or 4 size small chain belts to wear as necklaces - same length as yours. Unique, beautiful and the right price.

This week was "Chico's week". for me .Found at 3 different thrifts: a Chico's brick colored fully lined faux suede moto jacket-$7, Chico's NWT red silk unlined tissue weight embroidered in red jacket, NWT ($128.00) for $9 and a Chico's peridot green fully lined sculpted chenille blazer which I paid more for -$20.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and happy Black Friday and Small Business Saturday (thrift stores!) shopping.

Trusted Contributor

You look great in red, @MacDuFF . It really brightens you up.
I think both plaids look very nice and you will no doubt find many other ways to style them.  I also like the taupe (reads grey to me) turtleneck sweater as it looks so cozy for the cold weather. All you need is a cup of hot chocolate, with marshmallows, to complete the look. 😁

Trusted Contributor

Re: WIW (w/e 11/19/22)...

[ Edited ]

You are such a sharp dresser! I LOVE your style. Love that quilted sleeved vest too! It looks terrific over the Liz shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not real big on plaid either but I do like a little now and then.  I absolutely loved your red outfit (#1).  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown