Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF wrote:

Thank you @Desert Lily   @Chopsmom  (welcome to the forums)  @AngelPuppy1   @phoenixbrd  (I looove my Dad jeans!)   @PINKdogWOOD  (I'm already on the hunt for a black vest for the Fair Isle sweater...GMTA!)   @kate2357  and @shoptilyadropagain 

You are too funny @Nonametoday!! I get a kick out of your posts.

@moonandthestars  I love these James Perse pants...they function as casual wear as well as a trouser.  Nordstrom Rack...$99.97 (from $250 yikes!)..."James Perse Relaxed Twill Pants."  I ended up with a size 1...if I'd ordered them online using the size chart, I would have picked size 3!!  Other sizing (approximate) = front rise 11", back 13.5", inseam 31.25, hem opening 9.5". Black and khaki available online in all sizes as of this writing.

@MacDuFF   Thanks for the reply.  I am interested in the pants, but it is very uncertain ordering online.  James perse can be inconsistent in size but if you would normally be a 3 in JP pants and a 1 fits you then that's kind of nuts!   Would you mind saying in other brands what size pants you would normally wear?  Hate to ask, but if you wouldn't mind I'd really appreciate knowing that the waist measurement is and the hip too.  Let me know?  Normally if in doubt I'd order a few to see what size would work, but these are expensive enough that I don't feel good about that right now.  These do seem very nice and I think James Perse clothing usually has some magic in it's stying.  Fabric is nice and soft?  medium weight?  Did you see the other color in person?  Thanks!  

Super Contributor

Re: WIW (w/e 10/29/22)...

[ Edited ]

Hi @moonandthestars   Online ordering uncertainty, inconsistent sizes, holding up double the $$ to try two sizes, PITA returns?  I hear ya!  Most times, I truly hate the whole process of shopping online.  

Depending on the style and the rise measurements, I typically wear a 10 (30 jeans), but I have several size 8 and can wear a 29 jean, too.  Medium, but sometimes small.  My Dad jeans, for example, are 29 (I tried the 28, which fit, too, but the 29s were a tad bit longer...SIGH). 

The JP info on NRack website shows the size 1 to correlate to a size 0-2.  At no time in my life have I been a size 0-2!!!!! 

The other measurements (as close as I could get)...

Relaxed waist = 30 - 30.5 (the rise is high enough to make them very comfortable on my measurements, but comfort was what I was going for)

Extended waist = 33 - 34 (a tight 2" elastic waistband with drawstring)

Tummy (haha) = 39 - 40

Hip = 41 - 42

If it helps, these are my measurements...

Bottom of my rib cage/smallest part of my waist:  30 - 31 (I keep these in mind...important depending on the rise)

Waist just above belly button:  32 - 33

BottiBelli (hahaha)/largest part of my waist area:  38 - 39 (6 to 7 inches larger than my true waist and 8 - 9 inches larger than the smallest part of my waistline!!!!  BottiBelli is real I tell ya!)

Hips: 40 - 41

And, just for kicks and giggles, I measured just below my hips at lap line = 34 - 35...a classic example of a very healthy apple shape...if you looked up "apple shape" in the dictionary, it would refer you to "BottiBelli," and there you would find a side view pic of ME bwahahahahaha!

Yes, these are nice, soft and very comfortable...James Perse quality and casual aesthetic.  They're a slouchy, relaxed fit with some stretch. 

One of the reasons I like to thrift is because I hate to pay this kind of price for a pair of casual mostly-wear-at-home pants.  Frankly, I think the Rack price is too high, but the original price was insanely high, and I wanted to upgrade my at-home wear with items I could wear out if necessary, so I caved. 

I'd say medium weight, but others might say light weight (I'm in NC, and they'll work with a tee or light weight blouse in the sweltering summer in a/c). 

I didn't see the khaki in person.

Soooo, that is either TMI! TMI! or (hopefully) helpful for you to make a good decision.  Hope you're having a lovely evening, moon!

ETA:  These are not the JP pants, but a good representation of what they look like (on someone with a flat tummy haha)...

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF   Wow, thank you!!!  You gave so much information!  I think now I have to order! lol.  Appreciate it so much!  

I'm going to visit the site again and see what they have for me.  I think I may be a 1 also,  (never before in JP!)   

I like those other pants you posted on the model.  what are they?