Super Contributor

WIW: Tweaks & a couple Duffies (w/e 7/30/22)...

[ Edited ]

Based on some of your comments, as well as looking at the pics, I came up with outfits that I liked better than a couple of the outfits I put together two weeks ago and thought you might be interested. 

TWEAK #1

This thrifted San Soleil top was a challenge because it's so different from anything I own. I thought the jeans and espadrilles were too heavy and didn't like the sea of white. San Soleil is a sportswear company, so I was out of my element...the only sport I do is shop haha. I looked on their website and models were wearing things like bike shorts and golf skorts with this style top. What I "saw" was lightweight and short, so I tried to work with that.

Original

Tweaked

Shorter, more casual jeans and lighter sandals. AG Isabelle dark wash and Sam Edelman blue and white canvass crossover sandals.

TWEAK #2

Original outfit was okay, but I've been wearing the cobalt Chico's blouse and the Kut jeans with other pieces that I like much better. But, first...

Duffie Espadrille

I didn't like the braid on these thrifted blue suede espadrilles...too short, so had trouble tying it. Plus, it's made from silky thread that comes undone. I got tired of re-braiding, so switched the braid out for a jute ribbon (kept the braid for an option).

Original...

Duffie...

Original

(Note to tends2dogs and teganslaw ...I see it, too haha.  These sandals are too big and loose, so any movement, and I slide off.  Plus, my feet are like two different feet.  I have trouble with some sandals.  These are in the donation bag Smiley Sad)

Tweaked

Found these Kate Spade sandals at the Rack last week (after I complained that I couldn't find navy sandals to save my life, go figure). They look black in the pic, but they're obviously navy in real time. Thrifted cobalt linen Chico's blouse and AG Isabelle light wash...

Necklace from Soft Surroundings had a druzy pendant...I don't like druzy, so removed, donated, replaced with antler tip. SS/leather/bead button bracelet.  itsmagic ...see bag charm, an ancient tassel with beaded top that I have no idea where I got nor why I saved it all these years.

I'm not sure if I'll keep the Kate Spade sandals (only worn for pic)...what do you think of them?

TWEAK #3

Original pic is same as in #2. 

But, first:  Duffie Link Necklace...

Thrifted necklace = jumbled mess, broken strand, wonky chains. But, there was a hidden treasure...a metal link necklace in a style I've wanted. Sure, I'd prefer it in sterling or white gold or platinum, but that was never gonna happen. This worked, and I'm happy with the outcome...

Tweaked

I lowered the cuff and wore it with a white no-iron cotton Chico's blouse.  I'm giving up on the kool rolled cuff...apparently, I'm not that kool.

Duffie link necklace  8-)

I have now shrunk enough to wear these embroidered Kut jeans as ankle length  :D

Have a good one!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: WIW: Tweaks & a couple Duffies (w/e 7/30/22)...

@MacDuFF,

I actually like this outfit the best-

(I know this is the one you changed but I still like it the most)-

I like the sandals in the last picture-are those the ones you are giving away? I don't like the Kate Spade sandals very much-the bow or the color.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF : of course I prefer all of your outfit tweaks. Well done, as always.

Also not a big fan of the KS sandals. They also look hard to walk in.

Have a great week and as always thanks for sharing and your inspiration.

* my best thrift finds of the week, along with a couple of tops, were a vintage navy quilted leather bag with leather threaded chain strap (no label) that's a Chanel dupe for under $50.00 (plain turn lock closure, no double C's) and classic black Ferragamo mid heel pumps from SFA for $12.! No bow front- a tiny gold plate instead. Too small for me and they just need to be re-heeled. They will be resold come fall.

Respected Contributor

Love the bag in tweak number 2 and the last picture, the jeans are to die for!

And the jute ribbon is so pretty.

You are so creative.

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF   You must have great thrift shops in your area.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF   Hi Cuz! I like all your outfits in both the before and after pictures although I do agree that the San Soleil top looks better with blue jeans than the white.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF   Shopping IS a sport!

I like both outfits in those first two pictures but would probably pick the first one as my favorite of the two.

Either of the second two are fine.  The KS sandals are cute but do they offer much arch support.  That would determine whether I keep them or not.  

For the third set of pictures, I think I actually prefer the jeans in the first one more. I love the color and the cuff on them.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF 

I love the detail going down the side of these jeans.  

That crisp white blouse with the collar popped is right down my alley.  I love, love, love button down White shirts.  I'm forever on the hunt (especially for Summer) to find them.  I can never have too many!

You look great as usual.  The silver jewelry ties in nicely with everything you've posted here.  Silver is very nice for the Summer.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF 

Very interesting idea to post original and tweaked outfits. 
Thank you for adding fun and interest to the fashion forum. 

I agree with you that the first original outfit was too much white. I like the print shirt much better with the medium wash jean. 

I think your other original outfits are fine, and don't necessarily need tweaking, but it is fun to try different items to change up outfits. Totally understand the search for likable shoes that are wearable, fit well, and look good. 

Super Contributor

@on the bay   I'm going to try the San Soleil again with cropped white jeans to see if I like that better than the long white jeans, which just did not feel/look summery enough for me.  I love those Jack Rodgers sandals (last pic), too, but they're too big now...one foot slides around too much, and I don't feel stable.  They're in the donation bag.  Trust me, I could cry!  Smiley Sad

@queendiva   I'm still on the fence about the Kate Spade sandals, although they are quite comfy...just don't think I'm going to get much use out of them.  Ferragamos for $12!!  What do you mean they will be resold come fall (Poshmark?  Thred-up?)?

@DSD2   "Necessity is the mother of invention!"  Okay, granted I don't need baby blue suede espadrilles, but I get a lot of use out of them.  I was going to re-donate and looked around for replacement.  I saw a pricey pair that had a thin striped ribbon and that's where I got the idea.

@Mom2Dogs   There's a charity thrift dangerously close to my house where most of my best pieces have come from and a Goodwill Boutique (not a regular Goodwill) about 45 minutes away.  Both of them are among the best thrift stores I've ever been in.  I feel blessed!

@Lisa Y   I think the San Soleil top "pops" with the mid-tone denim.

@shoptilyadropagain   Let the games begin!!  hahaha!

@gertrudecloset   I've had those Kut embroidered jeans for about 5 years or so...had to take in the waist a little bit once, but, otherwise, I've worn them an untold number of times.  The Rack for about $40, IIRC.  Yes, ITA...crisp white blouse, pop the collar, jeans, and it's all good.  Promised myself I wouldn't buy a white blouse this year (do not need!), but I caved twice!  Smiley Surprised

Hi @wilma   Exactly!   I like to find the one way to wear certain pieces...my favorite way...that I love and default to.  This helps me get dressed quickly without too much thought about what I should wear with what.  But, I also like to have a few alternatives, too.  It helps that so many of my pieces go with so many other pieces (thanks to The Purge and a few years of "curating").  Shoes are a real PITA...cost is a factor, fit (especially sandals) can be a challenge, plus I really don't know shoes well enough.  I think I should lurk on the shoe forum!  Speaking of shoes, your Melani wedges from Dillard's are TDF...a beautiful, classic shoe that fits so well with your classic (and classy) wardrobe.  LOVE them.  I'm jealous!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~