Super Contributor

WIW: The real me please stand up (w/e 6/25/22)...

[ Edited ]

Catching up from last week (broken record:  I can't keep up like I used to)...

@Lisa Y    I'm a silver girl for sure.  How about you?   I much prefer a button down with a collar because I have wimpy shoulders...pullovers (for summer) tend to droop down and then there's the whole bra strap thang.  I have a few pullovers that I love, but I stopped buying bateau/boatneck, scoop, jewel, and square (which I love).  

@gr mt girl Thanks so much and welcome to the forums.  (I hope you see this...I can't tag you 'cuz you have spaces in your screen name...it's always something around here, I tell ya.)

@queendiva   Yes, 14 and some 18k that my Mom brought back from her trip to Italy (I was sorry to see those go).   What do you mean thrifting season is over!?  Bite your tongue woman!  Hahaha...kidding...assuming you mean you're done with summer?  Blessings to you, too, 'diva.

The first pic is a tweak from an outfit I posted last week. @ladyfox412  mentioned liking black with crisp white...she likes the contrast. I do, too, so I changed the outfit up a bit.

It's amazing how many different outfits I come up with based on your comments, and many times I like the tweak better than the original, as is the case with this one.

This outfit appeals to the style side of me that is more classic, more minimalist, two maybe three colors...this is pretty much my summer uniform.

#1 Shopping Day

Here's the original outfit from last week...

Here's the tweak...the jeans are off-white, but, trust me, I have several crisp white bottoms in various lengths and silhouettes to choose from haha...the off-white jeans (button fly from H&M) are a loose fit in an a-line silhouette (a new-to-me fit and silhouette that I've been experimenting with lately)...

Bueno sandals
Thrifted Brighton handbag
Thrifted Laurel Burch silk scarf
Goldtone earrings and link necklace
Other pieces are 14 & 18k gold (I just realized I haven't bought a piece of gold or goldtoned jewelry in over 25 years)

#2  Errands, thrifting, and dinner date night...

On the opposite end of the style spectrum is my other self...the one who is attracted to bohemian styles, bright colors, and wild prints. I don't wear this style much, but that's only because I rarely find pieces I like or that are wearable for lifestyle, location, age appropriateness, etc. But every once in a while...

...all the stars and planets align, and I think maybe it's not a bad thing after all to re-live my hippie days, and I'm sure I hear angels singing The Age of Aquarius hahaha.

I fell in love with this skirt from Rachel Roy (Marshall's $20). It looks and feels like lightweight piqué, but it's 100% rayon. A simple linen blouse (old C&C California, Marshall's...I own two), and I'm ready to take a "trip" back to Venice Beach haha!

Yellow Dr. Scholl's sandals
Lucky Brand straw bag 
Thrifted silvertone heart toggle choker
SS & pink bead earrings from Handsome
And, last, but surely not least, a set of surfer heishi bead bracelets from Amazon to really do it up right haha

How about you?  Do you have multiple style personalities?  What style(s) do you gravitate to?

Have a good one y'all.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: WIW: The real me please stand up (w/e 6/25/22)...

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF 

Love the tweat.  Like that you removed the scarf in favor of the jewelry.  Gives it a lighter, more airy look.  

Love, love, love that Rachel Roy skirt.  My TJM rarely has great stuff.  It used to but then things changed.  Not sure why.  It's like children.  They start out being so pious and then grow up wanting money all the time so they can stay out late and worry you to death.

You look good in anything you put on.  You have great style and "stuff" to put it together.  

Just love your taste in handbags.  That's mine too.  I carry them near my hips so I hide the fact that I have no butt, no hips.

Respected Contributor

Love the Rachel Roy skirt and the overall vibe. A great look. It's fun to revisit our hippie days. I had more fun with my clothes back then, than any other time. It was colorful, playful and fun. 

Respected Contributor

I like playing with my clothes and coming up with different looks using the pieces differently on the next go round.

I have trouble with the shoulder and bra strap as well.   Certain neck lines are out or I  have to use a tank.  The other day I  looked like I was modeling for Lori Goldstein.  Not a fan of layers upon layers but I do like to layer some.  

I use to work with a gal that had fun with clothes like I did and it was more fun to dress up for work.  We are still friends and get together but not as much fun at work.  I work with one gal now where matching her colored tennis shoes to her top is her fashion statement.  She is retiring next month. Only ones left are younger leggings gals.

Respected Contributor

Variety is the spice of life. It is fun to see different styles and I love pretty colors together.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF    I love silver jewelry, too. And gold. And ceramic. Oh who am I kidding?! I love jewelry-period.
I absolutely love the Rachel Roy skirt with the red straw bag and those colorful bracelets. (I may have to buy a set). The white blouse "grounds" the ensemble and it looks fabulous on you. I am all about color in a wardrobe because it makes me happy and probably does the same for most people, too. 
Thanks for another fine post of terrific outfits. 😊

Regular Contributor

@MacDuFF 

I like last week's outfit so much better with white pants.  Also, I didn't realize it then but now see, the scarf around your neck was a (slight) distraction.  The jewelry accessorizes the blouse so much better. I think you went from a B- to an A!

I love the colorful skirt. The whole outfit is striking.  Since you have such nice arms, I'm wondering how the skirt would look with a simple tank top in a coordinating color. The bag and jewelry are perfect additions.

You cut your own hair?  Are you a professional?  It always looks fantastic.

Trusted Contributor

You always look classy @MacDUFF. You have a wonderful style and really know how to put outfits together! You should YouTube!
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

What is a "WIW" ?

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's What I Wore.