Super Contributor

WIW: Rainy Day People Don't Mind (w/e 7/16/22)...

[ Edited ]
We had rain...buckets of rain...several days this week, so the lighting in these pics isn't the best. We needed the rain, so I don't mind. And the temps cooled down considerably...a bonus.

#1   Uniform
*Chico's striped no-iron linen blouse
*Thrifted Jag jeans with embroidered hem
*Bueno "Tulla" in caramel
*Sak straw bag

Gold metallic threads in blouse, so gold jewelry made sense

The only piece I haven't already blahblahblahed about is the two-stone JJill necklace

#2   Something different YAY!
*Thrifted San Soleil (UV 50 cooling sport apparel...had never heard of it) for $9...all printed tops like this on their website are $79 (sale) to $105.  Very comfortable!  Mine wasn't NWT, but looks brand new to me. Print looks like worms in this pic :o  (bad light), but see close-up
*Levi's straight leg
*Thrifted Steve Madden blue suede espadrilles
*Thrifted blue/off-white Sak

A pretty zipper pull and mesh on inside of arms.  I need to try this with a dark denim next.  I really love it.

#3  My favorite of the bunch
*Thrifted Chico's no-iron linen "swing" blouse
*Old Kut from the Kloth "Catherine" embroidered (silver metallic threads) boyfriend jeans, slightly distressed
*Old sandals...Jack Rodgers knock-offs (can't remember brand, too lazy to get up and look!)
*Thrifted Sak

Back of blouse has three buttons and inverted pleat, hence "swing"

*Chico's braided jute and beads necklace
*SS 2-row beads and leather straps button bracelet

Do you have a favorite?  Would also like to know if anyone has heard of San Soleil and what your thoughts are about the brand.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: WIW: Rainy Day People Don't Mind (w/e 7/16/22)...

My favorite outfit is #3. I like the embroidered jeans, but would prefer them to be longer, closer to the ankle. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF : I so look forward to your WIW post every week.Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to share!

Love all your tops & jeans. I find that I am wearing more woven tops & shirts this summer than tees. My fave outfit - same as yours.The sandals look SO Jack Rogers, and go perfectly with the jeans! The thrifted tops are all amazing finds! You certainly wear them well  Great jewelry, bag & shoes as always.

I hope you had good luck thrift shopping last week. I picked up a pair of nearly-new Clark's Cloudsteppers sandals- a Want and not a Need, but for $2.00...and a Bvlgari Crystalline mini EDP spray at 2 different yard sales. At last, the consignment shop got in a boatload of vintage jewelry. I broke the bank and picked up 2 bracelets ( one of which will probably be gifted) 2 pairs of earrings: one vintage teal Murano glass balls.and the other petite 14k white gold diamond cut circle drops from posts. So light & comfortable. Perfect for summer wear, and a SS pinkie ring with pave crystals. I love vintage jewelry. So well made and unique.The "gold "bracelet I bought matches all my 14k gold pieces perfectly.

I was gifted a Murano glass charm bracelet decades ago when my aunt spent the summer with relatives in Italy. Still have it. The shop owner is holding a Made in Italy black and crystal Art Deco pin for me. She needed to price it before she could sell it to me.

Thanks and have a great week. Send some rain this way- we need it!

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF  Liking your silver sandels in the third outfit a lot... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I like all of the outfits, but #2 would be my favorite. I've always enjoyed the look of navy and white together. Both the pants and the tops look like the fit you perfectly. 

Outfit #3 - love the sandals. I can't wear swing tops as they can make my bosomy self look like I'm preggers. (not that there's anything wrong with that if one IS preggers). The top does look good on you (ie., you don't look preggers Smiley Happy ) and the outfit is very nice, just like #2 better - since you asked. LOL

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @teganslaw   I have to agree with you on this one.  I've had the embroidered jeans for about 6 years.  I lost weight during the Year from He##, and they were too big, so I almost donated them, but they're so darned cute that I couldn't do it.  And I am sooo thankful since I'm suddenly all about the slouchier, baggy jeans (vs. my previous uniform of skinnies).  When I bought them, they were a little too short...floods...so I always cuffed them.  Your comment made me wonder how they would fit now since I'm the incredibly shrinking woman...tried them today and lo and behold the inseam is just right without the cuff!!  I'll still cuff them, too, of course, but not as short as in the pic...you were right and thanks for your comment!

Thanks @queendiva   I've been restraining myself from any more summer purchases.  The only thing I'll try on would be a Chico's no-iron linen...can't have too many, especially since those idiots changed something and they now need to be touched up!  :cursing:  The vintage Murano glass jewelry sounds so interesting and unique.  I looked it up...thought this one was beautiful...

See the source image

Hope you get a great price on the pin, diva.

Hi @stevieb   I've had those sandals for years and keep wondering just how long I can continue to wear them before they fall apart or one of my friends tells me to get rid of them already haha!  Thanks stevie.

Thanks for liking #2 @kate2357 since that pic couldn't be any worse haha.  Blue and white for summer is a favorite of mine, too.  I've been playing with this top and came up with a couple of outfits that I think are better than this one. (My queendom for a great pair of blue sandals for summer that I can live with!!  Why is that so hard?!)   Trust me, I have to be careful with swing tops, too (BottiBelli).  This one isn't actually a swing top (I just called it that).  But, I do like looser, breezy tops in the summer, so this one works without making me look pregnant.

I might have to do a WIW thread next week on some of the remixes I did with the outfits in this week's!!

Have a great day!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF  I also like and would find more useful the taupe slides with the first outfit. I prefer slide style sandals. Those that have a piece that fits between the toes, like flip flps, are uncomfortable for me and I can't really wear them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF Your shoes are the very reason I love leather shoes.  Leather upper, lining and sole.  They wear so well and are sooo comfortable.  I love all your shoes (especially leather uppers and soles).

The silver jewelry is nice too.  You are always looking so great.....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

As usual -- wonderful looks!  I would love to have all of these items!  No.#3 is also my favorite.  I love jean items which have a bit of deco to them, not just plain all the time!  Blue is, more and more, becoming a color which I find myself gravitating toward.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

You look so good in all three outfits but I'm really loving the second one.  I've never heard of the brand on the top.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown