Super Contributor

WIW: Graver thrift (casual wear) (w/e 10/8/22)...

Hello fashionistas.

My thrift score this week: Two Susan Graver Liquid Knit joggers. AFAIR, these are the first SG I've ever purchased. Camo A384281...black A296289.

I bought these primarily for casual wear around the house (a "need"), but, if I had to run a quick errand around town, I'd have no problem wearing them. They also passed my OG nap test...they were comfortable and didn't wrinkle.

They can be dressed up somewhat, but only with a casual vibe (my preference for casual wear/joggers).

They were $5 with a "blue dot" 25% off = $3.75.  The camo is shades of grey and black.  I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of these!

MacTweak: The bright, shiny gold zipper had to go...

#1  Put base layers on and black boots and wear in winter...

~Lightweight Amicale camo cashmere sweater (Rack purchase last fall)
~Silver Converse Chucks (converts to slip-on)

#2  Wore this outfit twice this week...

~Eileen Fisher ribbed cotton hoodie
~Chucks

#3 "Dressed up" summer version. The popover is a boxy shape and a little big on me now, so it was looking shapeless. I almost donated it because I didn't wear it this summer, but I'm so glad I didn't because my other thrift purchase this week was this great belt.

~Old Lafayette 148 linen popover
~Old Bueno sandals
~Old American Leather Co. bag (Rack)

Beads and shells...not a thing wrong with it...beautiful piece...

I don't particularly like belts, nor do I wear them often, but this was $5 well-spent IMO.  (I know it looks like 35.00, but, trust me, I wouldn't have paid $35 for a belt.)

The SG joggers and the belt were the only wardrobe purchases I made this week...saving $$ like never before...thrifting has been a Godsend!

I apologize for not getting back to last week's WIW thread with this outfit. I settled on this fall outfit for the Quacker Factory jacket, which I took in about an inch or so and gave it some shape. This is casual enough to wear around town, shopping, lunch/dinner.

I liked this combo so much that I'm going to look for a red tank or tee (thrift) to wear in the spring with white jeans as suggested by someone on last week's Q thread.

Also, itsmagic (on PBs) suggested wearing it over a dress, which is a great idea, too...I'm going to look for either a white or red midi tank dress (thrift). Thanks for the suggestions!

~Old thrifted Peck & Peck lightweight ribbed mock neck
~Old DG2 jeans that I had altered to "straight" leg...sunny these are the jeans I mentioned in your thread
~Old taupe suede Blondo boots
~Old red leather Sak
~No jewelry necessary with this jacket haha

I hope everyone is well and happy and enjoying the change of seasons.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: WIW: Graver thrift (casual wear) (w/e 10/8/22)...

Great buy on that pretty belt! Look #4 is my favorite, but each is very nice.

Honored Contributor

I like #1 and #2 on you.  I also think #4 is very cute.  I too am not fond of the blouse albeit Lafayette 148 which is a favorite brand.  If you tell me you got that in a thrift shop, I am driving to wherever you are and go shopping with you.  Wow!  You look good in everything.  

Super Contributor

@Desert Lily   As soon as I saw that belt, I knew I could salvage my Lafayette top.  I have a few other ideas for summer wear...it has a very beachy vibe.

Thanks @Nonametoday   The Lafayette was some sort of flash sale about 5-6 years ago on Nordstrom dot com at 2AM.  Either that, or it was an error on their part (it was double the price the next day).  I think I paid $80, which is a good price for Lafayette.  Probably the best linen piece I've ever owned as far as quality goes.   I'm just glad I didn't donate it!   

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Valued Contributor

@MacDuFF you are so attractive and look so nice in everything you wear.  You are inspiring me to shop my closet and mix things up. I enjoy all your outfits, Thanks for sharing,

Super Contributor

Thank you @happilyretiredgirl and welcome to the Q forums.  I'm happy you've been inspired to shop your closet and mix things up.  For me, "playing" in my closet is a fun distraction, and I hope you have fun with it, too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF wrote:

@Desert Lily   As soon as I saw that belt, I knew I could salvage my Lafayette top.  I have a few other ideas for summer wear...it has a very beachy vibe.

Thanks @Nonametoday   The Lafayette was some sort of flash sale about 5-6 years ago on Nordstrom dot com at 2AM.  Either that, or it was an error on their part (it was double the price the next day).  I think I paid $80, which is a good price for Lafayette.  Probably the best linen piece I've ever owned as far as quality goes.   I'm just glad I didn't donate it!   

@MacDuFF 

I have a few pieces of Lafayette 148, 2 pairs of pants, a sweater jacket and a Breton-like top.  I have either gotten from Poshmark or very good sales.  The quality can't be beat and are par with Black Label Ralph Lauren.

Trusted Contributor

Clever idea to use a Sharpie on the zippers.  How durable is it?

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF : As always, many thanks for sharing those awesome thrift finds & how you styled them.

The SG joggers: a steal at the price! I only like her LK for pants, not tops. I would have passed on the camo, as that's not my jam. Black Sharpie on the gold ankle zippers- who knew? Totally genius! As I am petite, I am a big fan of knit joggers for everyday casual wear.

Good thing you kept that gorgeous Lafayette 148 popover top or I would have scolded you, for sure, LOL! The belt- pretty and unique. $5.00 very well spent. I am not much of a belt person, but I do have a few, and I never pass on a cool accessory item at thrift, and neither do you!

I think a woman I saw at a yard sale on Saturday was wearing your QF jacket. Not styled as you would, which makes all the difference.

Of course October is peak thrifting season, so I have been on a tear once again this week. At the semi-annual charity Rummage I scored a beautifully tailored Eileen Fisher knit jacket for under $20.00. While not thrift, but certainly very deep discount on new, I made a road trip on a beautiful Saturday morning to the QVC Frazer outlet. Picked up a Belle triple luxe top and a pair of khaki stretch cotton twill jeans. Cleaned up in the shoe department (5 pair!) and added a cool Think Roylin puffer bag. Last trip I made was at least 8-9 months ago and will not be back until early spring. Much of what was in the store fashion-wise was summer. Lots of PN bags and as always a large selection of Dooneys behind locked glass. Worth the trip this time. Not always the case.

Other highlights from this week's thrifting include: a "faux" Barefoot Dreams top for under $3.00, cashmere cardi, Talbots Merino wool topper,, Lauren RL, j.jill and fine jewelry gemstone earrings and ring from the consignment boutique, where she has been killing me with 14k and SS gemstone jewelry. Will have the jewelry items authenticated this week and have some of the rings sized as my jeweler just re-opened after moving to a new location in the mall.

Have a great and fashionable week ladies!

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF   If you went into the Goodwill up the road from me you'd find SG in bags and bags and more bags of my offerings there. In fact you'd find logo there, IM, SG, D&Co, tons of bedding ie quilts, sets of towels with matching shower curtains, bath rugs, tons of shoes, belts, purses, sweaters, quacker dream jeams.

Yes, I've given away TONS of all sorts of these and more. This is not at all to say I'm done either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!