Valued Contributor

Re: WIW: Graver thrift (casual wear) (w/e 10/8/22)...

Love #3.  I have done the belt thing 2 tops that are really to large for me. Like that look.

Respected Contributor

I have that Quacker Jacket, I can't part with it for some reason. I think it is around 15 or so years old. Jeannie was still alive and presented it. As I remember it was a TSV. 

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF    

That Old Lafayette top with the belt looks FABULOUS on you! I'm glad you didn't get rid of the top. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Esteemed Contributor

If I had your type of thrift stores around me, I'd do the bulk of my shopping there too.  The ones around me are mostly full of clothes that aren't so nice.  You look great (as usual) in all of them but my favorite is the one iwth the Lafayette 148 top.  I'm so glad you didn't get rid of it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

@queendiva  WOW!  You're on a roll!  I hope your jewelry is authentic.  Wear everything in good health, 'diva.

@PINKdogWOOD   I'm cheering you on, Pink!  Were you around here when I chronicled my year long Great and Terrible Closet Purge?  I, too, had bags and bags of donations...not just Q, but enough that I severely curtailed my Q buying and eventually stopped altogether.  Last time I purchased was almost 2 years ago!  What got you started on clearing out your closet?

Thanks @Terrywu.  

@Lisa Y  Thanks Cuz!

@conlt  Thanks for the info!

Hi @shoptilyadropagain  Thrifting is totally hit or miss, even in the "nicer" places.  Do you have a Goodwill Boutique any where near you?  Not just Goodwill, but GW Boutique?  You can google it.  GW sorts out the nicer pieces and brand names and sends them to the Boutiques where they charge a little more.  

Hi @sandy53    I tested it on the back side first...2 coats, a couple of days to dry, then zipped/unzipped a few dozen times haha.  No chipping!   It was tedious, but worth it.  I did not like that garish gold zipper!  I have to admit I felt pretty darn clever!

See the source image

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF   I love clothes, fashions, I love to shop! I enjoy looking at fashions, what's out there albeit here, there, anywhere. I can't explain it, I don't know why. I worked in a University office setting for 37 years and I really enjoyed dressing the part, looking nice, keeping up with styles through many years. I've had closets and dresser drawers FULL of clothes, shoes, boots, purses. You get the idea. I've been retired now for 10 years this December (holy cow seriously??????) so I purged, purged, and purged some more. I STILL have tons of clothes but it's different, no skirts or trousers. I continue to clean out closets all the time. If I'd stop buying I wouldn't need to purge. You know the rule one new in, one old out!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF   I had never heard of a GW Boutique and there are a coulple about an hour away from me.  The next time I'm in that direction, I'll try to remember to stop.  Thanks for the info!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   I hear ya, and I'm with you!  I love all things fashion, and I enjoy looking nice and keeping up with the styles.  Same thing happened to me when I retired, too.  But, I don't have tons of clothes now, thankyouverymuch haha. 

I do the one in, one out thing, but I've been having difficulty lately...it's more like two in, one out...or one sweater in, one pair of socks out haha.  In fact, I recently purchased a sweater and a pair of slacks and was having a hard time figuring what could go out.  Well, the camo SG is already in the donation bag, BUT there's a good reason...  

I washed them as soon as I brought them in, but noticed the camo pair had a very strong smell of my laundry detergent.  I thought Handsome had been watering the lawn while the washer was running, which causes the washing machine to "think" something is wrong during the rinse cycle, and it goes into the spin dry cycle without rinsing.  That's because the water pressure around here is so bad that when he's watering the lawn, no water is left to fill the machine. 

So, I washed them again and still the strong smell!  And I mean overpowering. And only the camo!  What the he##??  Washed them a third time and, yep, same thing.  Well, three strikes and you're out is another rule hahaha!  I have no idea what that was all about.  Whatever.  It worked out well in the end and the loss was $3.75...no biggy, except that I had two in and only one out!

@shoptilyadropagain   My closest GW Boutique is about a 50 minute drive, so I don't go often.  If you go to one or both of yours, I'd love to know your thoughts.

Hope every one is having a nice week...happy shopping!

luv ya bye.gif

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~