Respected Contributor

Re: WIW: Do I HAVE to say QuackQuack? (w/e 10/1/22)...

@MacDuFF 

I searched the item number followed by the words Quacker Factory and found a few of the same jacket on ebay.  I could not find the year of when it was made.  I forgot about the 3 duck label until seeing your post.  I know that I have seen it before, it must have been the early days of Quacker Factory.  I've been a QVC customer for more than 30 years, and I am certain that I recognize that label, so I would say that it is legitimate QF, I just have no idea of the year.  

Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF         What a beautiful jacket. Wear it in good health.

Valued Contributor

What a great find.  Such quality work.  Looks great.

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF   What a magnificent find.  The workmanship on that jacket is exquisite.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF @I have this jacket in black with turquoise lining and trim. It's exquisite! Made in India where so much wonderful beadwork is done. My best guess is it's from @2003 or so. I had it first in a larger size, and donated that. Then a couple years ago I went searching and found it in my current size and was so happy! I've worn it to parties with jeans. To me it is a special kind of a piece. Originally I bought it in days when I wore more QF items and frankly thought the quality was better then. They used all cotton for example, rather than poly-cotton (I know there are those who prefer the blends, but not me).

Your turquoise one is gorgeous. I could see it with denim jeans any color, or with white pants. Love your photo! It looks wonderful on you!

I think you could pull it off with lime green or hot pink too - bermudas, or capris, if you wanted to.

ENJOY IT! It's a fun and beautiful piece.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cute jacket @MacDuFF !  It's not something I'm drawn to, personally but, hey, I've been known to buy something at a rock bottom price before even if it isn't something I love.  At $4.00, I probably would have purchased this.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

It looks very pretty on you!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia   Thank you for the info!  

Not professionally, no, @Calcgirl, but thank you for thinking it!  I've done quite a few modeling stints for charity, though.  I'll come back in a few days and post a funny story about one such event.  It'll take me a while to find it, and I'm running out of gas this evening.

This is probably a good time to reiterate (broken record haha) that I'm not as quick on the draw as I used to be. I check in here daily, but from my mobile during the day, and I flat out refuse to learn how to navigate/post from my cell on that teeny tiny keyboard. I get on every night from my PC, but I usually have five to seven tabs open catching up on email and my other sites and "work," so, by the time I get around to responding on the fashion boards, it's very late and I'm too pooped to participate!

@phoenixbrd   Yes, the craftsmanship is first-rate on this jacket.  I think many designers and manufacturers (not just Q) have lost that dedication to details.  It's a shame, and I miss it.

@PhilaLady1   Thank you for trying to find that info.

@Lisa Y   Thanks Cuz.

@Terrywu   Thank you.

@Bird mama   Hi Bernie!   Long time...hope you (and the tweety birds) are well.  I agree...the craftsmanship is exquisite.  I wish you all could see it in real life..the pics don't do it justice.

@Thats Me   Thanks for the info!  I bet the black is stunning.  And thanks for the styling suggestions.  I thought of another outfit using what I already have in my closet, which I'll try to post in a few days.  It's funny, but I figured it would be great with black (agree with you that it has a special event look), but I didn't like it with black, go figure.

Hi @shoptilyadropagain   Hey, it's not me too much either haha.  It's definitely different from my usual/preferred minimalist, classic, casual look.

Thanks @Sweet Kitties  and welcome to the boards.

Thanks to all for your nice comments...it's much appreciated.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Super Contributor

@Calcgirl   I found it!    @haddon9  I thought you might get a kick out of this story re our LOL on the FF thread yesterday.

With apologies to veteran posters who've seen this story a few times throughout the years...

When I was in my late-20's, I was a volunteer for Make-A-Wish Foundation.  They invited me to model an outfit for a charity event. We were to walk down stadium steps, into the arena, twirl around once and done. Stadium steps and I are mortal enemies, so I was hesitant, but, hey, it was for a good cause.

I got to the top of the steps, sweating bullets, thinking, "I can do this, I can do this," when the event coordinator handed me a gigantic distracting bunch of balloons on long strings with streamers flowing in the wind. Gulp!

"Ok," I said to myself, "Don't think about the wind!  Don't think about the balloons. Don't even look at the balloons. Think about how the balloons match the outfit!!...how cute!"

I managed to wobble down the steps with only one stumble and a few chuckles from the spectators...

into the arena...

very poised!...

lookin' good!...

it's almost over!!

I twirl around...

and get hopelessly, crazily, ridiculously entangled in the balloon strings! Streamers and balloons slappin' me in the face!  I should have been modeling a clown suit.

The crowd is laughing uproariously, and yelling, "Let go of the balloons!" Which I do, but only some of them untangle themselves from my bod...others are hanging off me in weird places and blocking my view as I stumbled and bumbled out of the arena and out of one of the most humiliating moments of my entire life!

Image result for Cartoon Image of Clown with Balloons

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF Oh that is so funny!  I was laughing just imagining the scenario!! Smiley Happy

If it were me, I'm sure I would have fallen walking down those steps or gotten tangled in the balloons...either one!