Super Contributor

WIW: Do I HAVE to say QuackQuack? (w/e 10/1/22)...

Hello fashion friends.

Only one outfit pic this week. I wore repeats the few times I went out, and my energy level was almost non-existent (with a bit of laziness thrown in for good measure haha).

I'm hoping the thread title will capture the attention of Quacker Factory fans because I'm curious about this piece.

This is one of those unusual!! artsy!! pieces I try to stay away from because I rarely wear them, but for the price, even I couldn't resist. It's beautifully made and not a bead or thread out of place. It's slightly too roomy/boxy in the torso area, but will be easy to take in.

100% cotton...a sturdy cotton, almost denim-like. The sleeve cuff, back of the collar (which pops perfectly YAY), and lining behind the buttons (hidden when buttoned) and the button placket are in pink satin.

I admit I was a little surprised because there are no sequins haha, and the sheer volume of beading and embroidery was more than I'd ever seen on QVC, but, the last time I watched, Jeanne Bice was on and Angel was modeling, so I obviously don't know much about QF!

I did some investigating, including on the QF website, and started seeing a different logo tag. The one I have (pictured) is three green ducks, but most of what I saw online was one red duck, and some were "QF," but others were "The QF."

There's a black one on Poshmark for $20, but says "...multiple areas of missing beads mostly on sleeves but not super noticeable 
[hahaha I would notice!]. One area of discoloration on back that make [sic] go away after hand-washing....[sure, and I may not notice it either!]"

All that to ask if you know anything about this particular piece or the meaning behind the different tags.

Also, any ideas on how to style this in another way would be appreciated. I'm seeing this as "special" because of all the bling...a topper to wear to a party...or something? But, y'all must know that I'll want to wear this as a casual piece.

*Thrifted QF jacket ($4)
*Men's V-neck tee, Walmart
*AG "Harper" jeans
*Pink Aquatalia loafers
*Thrifted Vera Bradley tote

TIA for any light you can shine on the subject, and, for the record, I'm not going around saying Quack Quack!

Have a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: WIW: Do I HAVE to say QuackQuack? (w/e 10/1/22)...

[ Edited ]

That appears to be one of the older Quacker pieces.  The more recent  ones, last 10 years or so, aren't that detailed or labor intensive.  Plus they all seem to have immovable sequins.  I don't remember that particular shirt but that's not surprising.

Since you just have one piece and aren't a true Quacker, we'll give you a pass on having to say 'quack, quack.

When you wear and style it, it makes a rather cute, classy outfit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Such a fun vintage find!  Just look at all that embroidery and bead work.  Seems like a good quality fabric.  Those were the days.  Is the QVC item number still on it?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF : your outfit is darling, and so is the price of that very lovely QF jacket. Love the turned back pink on the collar & cuffs

I have been tearing up the thrift stores now that fall clothes are stocked. Too many items to mention, including 2 black cashmere sweaters ( one oversized and casual, the other more dressy and fitted).

Best buys this week were an EUC black Fleurette wool maxi coat made in Italy of 100% Lora Piana Italian wool that fits like it was custom tailored to me and black leather knee high boots in EUC. $5.00 each!

Also scored several pieces of vintage jewelry, some in 14K, a couple set in SS. My jeweler is closed temporarily for remodeling so I will have to wait to see what some of the gemstones are .

Gotta Love thrift.

Super Contributor

Thank you @Kachina624   I just thought of the perfect event to wear this jacket:  the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta!  Thanks for posting the beautiful pics...will there be more forthcoming?  

In case anyone missed it:  Click here to see the hot air balloons Kachina posted 

Yes @PhilaLady1  it is...never thought of that, thanks!  A-67093, which pulls up a few pics, but no reviews or video.  Do you think the difference in the tags indicates "vintage...?"

Thanks @queendiva   Any fabulous finds for you this week?

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF :Yes, indeed. See my previous post.

Super Contributor

@queendiva   Lora Piana!!!!  thud.gif I'm green with envy!!  jelly.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF - Wow, lucky you finding that jacket in great condition for $4.

Yes, the green label with the three ducks shows that it's a vintage Quacker Factory piece, the original label that was used when Jeanne Bice first appeared on QVC.  (I have a lot of vintage pieces, all bought new.)  And there's no way you'd have gotten it for $4!

It used to be that the Q's item number would be printed on the attached label with the washing instructions.  That might help, if you're trying to find information.

(ETA:  You are only required to say "Quack, quack!", if someone else says that to you!  It's acknowledging another Quacker.)  Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

You look beautiful as always. Did you or do you model professionally? That is definately your calling.

Honored Contributor

Love the color of the QF shirt jacket on you.  No matter what you think of the QF style...you have got to admire the craftsmanship. Over the years, it changed and lost the dedication to details.  I have several of the old JB QF designs, a few sweaters that I cherish.  You found a treasure and you look cute!