Esteemed Contributor

Re: WIW: Cotton Gauze (w/e 6/18/22)...

There you go AGAIN!  I am so happy to see your "put together" for this week.  Those Donald Pliner black slides look sooo comfy.  Bueno is a shoe brand I just discovered this year.  Me, of all people (the major shoe fanatic) had never heard of them.  I'm sure they are comfortable if they have a leather footbed.

You look great @MacDuFF .  As usual your smile finishes anything you wear.  Keep on rocking.....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

MacDuFF

As always, an enjoyable fun post filled with great fashion and style!  The jewelry is so pretty and the accessories so appealing!  You look great in your outfits, I love gauze and pink so the top in the first photo stood out for me.  It is nice to  go through your post, it is always a feel good time!!!!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @santorini  @beach-mom  @Etoile308  @SurferWife  @OKPrincess   @Iwantcoffee   @qbetzforreal   and @spiderw   I love pink so much that I have to be careful not to look too Pinky Tuscadoro-ish, if you know what I mean haha!  My current favorite is the pink clay...such a pretty shade of pink.  It makes me happy that many of you are enjoying my threads.

@AngelPuppy1   It's not what I'd call a huge walk-in...I can take two steps in.  The whole closet is approximately 5x12, of which I have commandeered about two-thirds (poor Handsome).  I'm super organized, so that wasn't a problem for me even when I had limited space, but I do understand that it's hard to get motivated.  Once I start, though, I'm all in until it's done.  It does seem silly to get attached to "stuff," but some stuff hold good memories, and, beyond that, you think of how much $$ you spent or the rush you got when you bought it or how much you loved it or the fantastic bargain or that you might need it when the zombie apocalypse finally happens and you can't buy clothes any more haha.  (During The Purge, I read many articles on the psychology of shopping, which was a real eye-opener.)  It is hard to part with "stuff."

@ladyfox412   I hear ya about the contrast between white and black, and I do love contrasts, so you'll see several outfits like that.  Another contrast I love is black with light wash denim.  I cut my own hair about every 2-3 weeks...mostly a trim...with snips and thinning in between.

@gertrudecloset   Those DP slides really are comfortable (they do make the flip-flopping sound, though, as ladyfox noted, but it doesn't bother me...much).  The Bueno sandals are reeeally good...leather upper and lining/synthetic sole.

Thanks again everyone.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for giving me the deets on Bueno.  There is a thread in Shoes I started awhile ago.  I was so tempted, but didn't pull the plug on the styles I posted @MacDuFF !  Enjoy your week.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF  I love pink on you! It compliments your skin tone as does the silver jewelry. I also like the button down tops on you because they are more streamlined (if that's the right word) than pullover tops. Do you prefer pullovers or buttons?

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

Your closet is much bigger than mine.  I have taken over most of DH's, too.  Thankfully, clothes mean like nothing to him and he has minimal!  I have to get in the mood - I don't like to start and stop things.  Once I start I keep at it until I'm done.  So, I have to get myself in the right mindset!  Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Occasional Contributor

All of your outfits are so thoughtfully put together. Love the gauze shirts and jeans, very chic yet casual. The bags, shoes and jewlelry complete the looks, such nice choices! You look so confident and cool!

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF : All outfits- sheer perfection! loving all the pinks items.

The bracelet. I am guessing the charms were 14k? They resell for a mad fortune now if you can even find any. I am glad they helped to get you through a difficult time. Been there, sold jewelry. No regrets on what went.

#3. That scarf! Such a find.

This is what keeps us going back to thrifting week after week.

As always, many thanks for sharing, have a blessed week and best of luck thrifting!

Thrifting season here is all but over until September, but I will still be on the lookout.