Super Contributor

WIW: Boho&classic&whimsy (w/e 6/11/22)...

[ Edited ]

A few outfits I wore this week...

#1 Boho...lunch with gf one day, errands the next day

Thrifted Chico's embroidered tunic
Chico's striped jeggings

Close-up...pic doesn't do the beautiful embroidery justice

Jessica Simpson handbag (faux)
Thrifted Steve Madden espadrilles

Top to bottom:
Thrifted filigree Brighton hinged bangle
Thrifted flower cloisonne bangle
Two Alex & Ani beaded bracelets
Thrifted SS cross toggle necklace
UltraFine SS hoops
Old SS cuff

#2  Classic...shopping one day and dinner date night the next

Thrifted Lafayette brown/white blouse
Hudson wide leg baggy jeans (I switched to straight leg long white Levi's for date night, which was more classic looking...Hudsons were pre-cut from manufacturer, and they'll be cut another inch as soon as I get around to it!)
Thrifted wedge Fit Flops (NIB)...I switched to flat Bueno sandals for dinner date night

Brown and white...one of my best trifting scores ever!!

American Leather Co. handbag
Bueno Sandals (color in real life matches handbag perfectly)

Thrifted SS heart toggle necklace
Thrifted stretch bracelet (bone or mother of pearl?)
Old SS asymmetrical earrings

#3   Whimsy...thrifting day

Thrifted Jack Be Quick ramie/cotton sweater...embroidery, beads, sequins, appliques, and crochet...I think it looks a little outdated, and I wish it were an inch or so longer, but it really is whimsical, and I get a big kick out of it 
Thrifted Lee baggy jeans

Close-up...this must have been the most labor intensive workmanship...all the thongs are free-flowing (camera flash...I do not have bumps on my hands in real life!)

Thrifted Vera Bradley quilted tote (hot pink in real life)
Old hot pink Havianna flip flops (seemed appropriate haha)

SS and pink bead earrings (gift from Handsome)
Old SS and bead toggle bracelet
Old SS cuff

My Handsome fashion photographer in his natural element (fishing at one of our area lakes...5 lb, 2 oz large mouth bass...he won big fish $$ that day...catch and release)..

Hope you're all doing well. Have a good one.

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: WIW: Boho&classic&whimsy (w/e 6/11/22)...

[ Edited ]

Great outfits all of them.  You are a superb thrifter.  I have a friend who owns a place on Tampa Bay and she loves thrifting in Florida on her winters down there.  She has furnished their place on the Bay with thrift store finds and it looks beautiful (she is a decorator by trade and has a good eye for both clothes and furnishings).  I bet your home is well designed and thought out, just like your wardrobe.  You really have great taste and great finds.

PS  I love Bueno shoes too.  So comfy, feel like kid gloves on your feet.

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF you look great.  I love that first outfit.  It's perfect.  

Congrats to your husband on the big fish Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I really like all of your outfits. 

You dress smart without spending a lot of money.

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF As to your husband:  hubba hubba! (My late DH would not mind me saying this)!

Super Contributor

@Nonametoday   Thanks.  I have a few thrifting places I check out when we go to the beach, too.  Yes, looove Bueno.  I have another pair, different style.  Agree they feel like kid gloves!

Thanks @moonandthestars   Handsome is a fishing fool!

Thank you @OKPrincess   I edited my OP to include a close-up of the Lafayette 148 blouse with the $6 tag.  Lafayette's prices, while commensurate with the quality, are waaaay out of my league.  One of the biggest bonuses of thrifting.

LOL and thanks @Love my grandkids   He's a good man, too.  I am blessed.

BTW, name, moon, OK and Love, I tried to heart your posts, but couldn't.  Might be because I had to switch browsers in order to sign-in...a recent ongoing problem for me.  Aggravating!! 

Also, @CoffeeNut  OK and @shoptilyadropagain   I tried to heart your posts on last week's WIW thread, too, but couldn't.  It's always something on this website!  Shop, wear your cuff in good health!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF   You ought to be teaching a course in Thrifting.  On the rare occasion that I've been in a thrift store, I don't find the name brand treasures that you have acquired.  The Chico tunic looks great on you as do the other outfits.  Cute picture of hubby....

Honored Contributor

I love all your fashion finds and the way you put all of them together!  Your photographer is pretty cute, too!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF   That white lace blouse as well as the brown and white button top, are stunning on you. I don't think I've seen a picture of you in brown or a checked pattern. But they work. What's great about the white blouse is that it goes with everything. You'll get a lot of use out of it.

I am also impressed with the fish 🐟 your husband caught. Nice job. 

Honored Contributor

I love your style! You look great in all of them.