Super Contributor

WIW: As dressy as it gets (w/e 7/23/22)...

Lavern I'm behind the 8 ball as usual, so from last week: Social butterfly? Me? hahahahaha! I'm an old fuddy-duddy, too. But, I'm also my Mother's daughter, so I get dressed every day in the outfits I post even if I'm only going to the bank. For sure, on the Sabbath I stay home in jeans, beach tee and sports bra and rest all day. And maybe one other day, I'm just casual at home, but, all the other days, I get dressed and go out and do something...lunch with a girlfriend, shopping/thrifting, errands, library, appointments, dinner/date night with Handsome. I might change into something more casual when I get home, but usually not...most of my pieces don't make me feel too ridiculously overdressed to sit around the house haha. It's just the way I roll, and I hope and pray that I can keep on rollin' like this for the rest of my life!

#1...The only difference in this outfit from last year is the sandals

*C&C California linen shirt
*Thrifted Hot Cotton linen skirt (was a-line...I took it in to be more "pencil")
*Thrifted pink wedge sandals (too lazy to get up and get brand name)
*Thrifted Vera Bradley tote

itsmagic answered my question last week...what are those thingies women hang from their handbags called? Bag charms, of course!! Why didn't I think of that?  I hadn't felt so stoooopid since...well, since two weeks ago when I realized my thrifted Lafayette brown and white checked blouse was actually purple and white hahaha. I figured just about any darned thing could be a charm, so how about this LDO Linea fish pendant, which I thought was too big so I never wore it as a necklace. It arrived scratched. Should have returned it. Handsome threatened to steal it to use as a fishing lure! So, why not a bag charm?

Dinner/date night...

#2 Shopping (Lavern, I took this jacket off after shopping and put on a beach tee)

*Thrifted Talbot's linen jacket
*AG button-front crops
*Donald Pliner slides
*Elliott Lucca handbag

These Marjorie Baer earrings are at least 30 years old, and I love them...

Hope everyone keeps on rollin' for a good long time!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: WIW: As dressy as it gets (w/e 7/23/22)...

@MacDuFF   I like your date night outfit the best. Love a splash of pink in your bag and shoes. BTW, I bought those multi-colored bracelets you're wearing in this picture from Amazon. Thanks for the recommendation. 😄 Have a great day and stay cool.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF 

If you were not a personal stylist in another life, you should have been! Please share your expertise and consider posting your pics on the "Outfit of the Day" thread created by Andrea. 😁

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF : as usual, love each outfit, especially the thrifted pieces. I prefer the LDO fish as a bag charm rather than a pendant. Clever!

My thrift finds this week: Talbot's white pima cotton elbow sleeve scoop neck tee, peridot green cotton crocheted short sleeve sweater ($1.00,), chambray floral baseball cap, all NWT. Chico's blue linen jean style jacket, Gap black knit short sleeve dress and Macy's Chater Club tissue weight cotton blouse. Total for those 3 items: $12.00.

I also did some damage at 2 local Marshall's, picking up several items on summer clearance. Most were tops/blouses, a denim jean jacket and a small T. Hilfiger crossbody that was on my Wish List.

Esteemed Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@MacDuFF 

If you were not a personal stylist in another life, you should have been! Please share your expertise and consider posting your pics on the "Outfit of the Day" thread created by Andrea. 😁

@paixmcdao  I agree. Someone mentioned she was there some time ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF ; I usually get "dressed" daily, too except for during the summer. Most days look like this:

Morning: oversized t shirt, bike shorts, sneakers & socks. Dressed for my 2 mile power walk. I stay in these clothes until late morning, when I change into a swimsuit, flip flops & cover up and head out to the pool . 

Home around 3:00. Shower and change into a lightweight dress. One & done. I want to be cool & comfortable and I have to go out and about in the neighborhood to walk my dog before dinner.

Thrifted too many shorts & tees this season and have worn very few.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You look always look nice. Very summery outfits. My favorite piece is the white jacket cinched at the waist.  

I tend to dress up a bit when I'm going out too, even if it's just to the grocery or running errands. I also dress up a bit for the doctor, out to eat, or shopping. My dressiest pieces are for church. When I get home I usually change into shorts or jeans and a tee, depending on the weather. 

Esteemed Contributor

You look so good in both outfits but my favorite one is the second one with the Talbots jacket/top.

What I wear to work is now more casual than it has been in years so my wardrobe is slowly changing over to more casual pants and tops (except for my church clothes).  I grew up with my parents always dressing up to go out to eat, the mall, Wal-Mart or wherever but I've not adopted that trait from them.  I go casual.....nice (even cute) but casual.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

She's a smart dresser because she thrifts.  She has an eye for color and how to put pieces together more than once to create a look.  I love her posts.

I nominate her for a fashion guru residency of the Fashion Forums.  I hope she continues to post as she is posting now.  She needs a thread of her own!!!!

Looking good @MacDuFF !  The red shoes are nice.  I have some red mid heel wedges from Miz Mooz I bought ions ago.  They still look great.....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

thanks for sharing your looks.....

is the "fish" piece of clothing a skirt or a pant/cropped pant? what brand? so cute, i would love to find them!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein