Honored Contributor

Re: WHY ALL THE LOGO LAYERS IN THE SUMMER???

184FFC65-B6E7-410A-868B-4A48FAFF27E4.jpeg@KingstonsMom You are cordially invited to stay in my air conditioned tent. 🤣😅😂

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123   I would happily move in and, perhaps, never leave!

Honored Contributor

Why does Logo create such controversy.  For me it isn't black/white.  I adore some of her clothing and continuously reach for it; comfy, stylish, creative.  Other pieces, are definitely not for me.  It's not a subject that stirs my soul.....I simply enjoy some of her clothing.  For some reason, she is constantly bashed as a designer on these boards.  I think she is fun, quirky, comfortable, and presents options.  No, I don't love everything but I would not take the energy to denigrate a designer realizing that we all have different points of view.

Esteemed Contributor

I  think it's because the material is so thin and cheap that it takes 2 or 3 layers so you can't see thru it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it creates such controversy because one cannot believe grown women would wear such a juvenile look and make LG rich in their folly. I don't buy the tops and layer, but I do like some of her special woven tops and would buy those. Don't discount her jeans and pants, they fit great and are fabulous quality. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

I  think it's because the material is so thin and cheap that it takes 2 or 3 layers so you can't see thru it.

@Patriot3  Also the prices she charges for those tops made of thin material that pills. If Model Kate can’t make all those layers look good I know something is wrong. 

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think it creates such controversy because one cannot believe grown women would wear such a juvenile look and make LG rich in their folly. I don't buy the tops and layer, but I do like some of her special woven tops and would buy those. Don't discount her jeans and pants, they fit great and are fabulous quality. 

@blackhole99  I think you just hit the nail on the head!👍🏻

Honored Contributor

*yawn*

Honored Contributor

Obviously, many people like the clothing. Others don't, so they don't buy. What more is there really to say?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

That's the look and while I don't buy LOGO, I'm sure there are summer weight items that can be layered.  Maybe some of you live outside in tents in the summer but most of us live, work, shop, eat etc in buildings that are air conditioned.  We also drive in vehicles that are air conditioned so other than outside leisure activities, we aren't in the heat.  Again...I'm sure LOGO has plenty of light weight, flowy tanks and tops.  Laurie styles her things with multiple layers because she's pushing sales.  That doesn't mean that LOGO collectors are required to wear things they way she styled them.  

@chrystaltree    

Could you be a little more condescending? I'm not real good with subtlety.

No need to try to be insulting, but when it's over 100 degrees like it is here right now, you still have to walk across hot parking lots to GET to those air conditioned places.

Not to mention how silly you would look in my climate and humidity, to be wearing 2+ layers of clothing even in air conditioned places.

And no, I don't "live outside in a tent in the summer".

Don't bother responding, I sure won't bother reading.

The ironic thing is, that I have probably 10 or so LOGO pieces in her cotton/modal fabric, which I really like and wear often.

I'm just not a fan of rayon/span or layering in my climate/humidity, so your attempt to ridicule was lost on me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.