Respected Contributor

Re: WHY ALL THE LOGO LAYERS IN THE SUMMER???

The line is made for layering, which means more money spent. But typically I don't layer unless one top is shorter than the other or its cold out. Lori gives you options and ideas but it's not a requirement to layer or pair certain colors together.
Honored Contributor

Logo isn't a new concept. I remember when I purchased "Garanimals" for my toddler. She would come out of her room dressed in layers of clothing and I taught her how to "edit." Interesting that now Laurie is selling the same concept to adults.....Summer here is far too warm for Logo layers.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That's the look and while I don't buy LOGO, I'm sure there are summer weight items that can be layered.  Maybe some of you live outside in tents in the summer but most of us live, work, shop, eat etc in buildings that are air conditioned.  We also drive in vehicles that are air conditioned so other than outside leisure activities, we aren't in the heat.  Again...I'm sure LOGO has plenty of light weight, flowy tanks and tops.  Laurie styles her things with multiple layers because she's pushing sales.  That doesn't mean that LOGO collectors are required to wear things they way she styled them.  

@chrystaltree    

Could you be a little more condescending? I'm not real good with subtlety.

No need to try to be insulting, but when it's over 100 degrees like it is here right now, you still have to walk across hot parking lots to GET to those air conditioned places.

Not to mention how silly you would look in my climate and humidity, to be wearing 2+ layers of clothing even in air conditioned places.

And no, I don't "live outside in a tent in the summer".

Don't bother responding, I sure won't bother reading.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Some people just have a way of creating a marketing "hook" that reels customers in and they get exceedingly rich. Lori is one with her "everything goes with everything" and Chaz w/his "cleansing conditioner", Josie with her Argon oil and so forth. They get a cult type following and can do no wrong. All just IMO of course. Could be not one person would agree.

Honored Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

It's 42 in Colorado right now.. I'm wearing a long sleeve tee with a hoodie..  and my heat is on.  It's not hot everywhere.

@LexaMom 

No one said it was, I was speaking of my OWN climate, obviously.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't really know how many more ways this same topic can be brought up or how many more times it's going to be beaten into the ground.  You either like LOGO or you don't.  

I still do not understand why some people don't realize they don't have to layer like Lori does.  Regardless of the brand or label, there are some items you need to wear something under.   There are open front cardigans, poncho top, crochet tops, etc. that need a tank or some other top under them whether it's LOGO, Isaac, Graver or a B&M store item.

Even if it's 95 and humid here, as someone else said, unless it's an outdoor activity, I'm in ac.  I go from my air conditioned home to my air conditioned car to my air conditioned office or some other air conditioned building.  And many of those places are freezing.  Yes I layer.  It's easy to layer and then if I'm going to be outdoors, I can take off a layer.

If you don't want to layer, don't layer.  It's really that simple.            

Respected Contributor

Surely people realize that when you see a presentation you do not have to wear it exactly like shown?  You can adapt add it take away from it.

I always purchase an item and wear it my way - not necessarily as shown on model -  so whether it is shown layered,  unlayered becomes irrelevant it depends if I like the item.

I see lots of shows where models wear extremely tight Jeans but that doesn’t mean I have to wear them that way but it does not stop me trying them in my size and giving them a try to see if they work.   I buy Logo but do not layer my choice.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoy my logo tops. I have never layered them.

I don't have my svelte figure anymore so love that her tops don't tuck in.

Honored Contributor

I speak in defense of layering!  

I  layer everything.  I buy a lot of LOGO cardigans and vests and a lot of tanks.  They are absolutely perfect for layering over and under everything!

In my closet ... everything really does go with anything. 

(And, Linda Dano gets all the credit for that.  She "saved my closet" in June 1997 with her book "Looking Great ...")

I layer LOGO

• over and under SG,
  • over Lisa Rinna,
  • over Bob Mackie,
  • over C Wonder,
  • over and under LandsEnd
  • over and under JCPenney
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA, one of my best LOGO purchases was a rayon/spandex top that had a sleeveless open front cascading vest with it.  I never would have imagined I would have gotten that much wear from this set.

I wear the top on it's own and under other things.  I wear the vest over the top, the way it was sold, I've worn it with other tops and t-shirts under it, both long and short sleeve.  I've even worn the vest over a tank top.