Respected Contributor

Re: WHY ALL THE LOGO LAYERS IN THE SUMMER???

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

That's the look and while I don't buy LOGO, I'm sure there are summer weight items that can be layered.  Maybe some of you live outside in tents in the summer but most of us live, work, shop, eat etc in buildings that are air conditioned.  We also drive in vehicles that are air conditioned so other than outside leisure activities, we aren't in the heat.  Again...I'm sure LOGO has plenty of light weight, flowy tanks and tops.  Laurie styles her things with multiple layers because she's pushing sales.  That doesn't mean that LOGO collectors are required to wear things they way she styled them.  

@chrystaltree    

Could you be a little more condescending? I'm not real good with subtlety.

No need to try to be insulting, but when it's over 100 degrees like it is here right now, you still have to walk across hot parking lots to GET to those air conditioned places.

Not to mention how silly you would look in my climate and humidity, to be wearing 2+ layers of clothing even in air conditioned places.

And no, I don't "live outside in a tent in the summer".

Don't bother responding, I sure won't bother reading.

The ironic thing is, that I have probably 10 or so LOGO pieces in her cotton/modal fabric, which I really like and wear often.

I'm just not a fan of rayon/span or layering in my climate/humidity, so your attempt to ridicule was lost on me.

Maybe I can say this a bit more diplomatically. 

I live in one of the hottest cities in the USA.  Temps of 100 degrees are nothing to us.  

I almost always have a layering piece with me when I go into an office, a restaurant, the grocery store or the movies. I might be sleeveless out in the parking lot, but I am putting on a light jacket or sweater when  I go inside. 

So, yes, I do wear two layers in the summer. Many here do.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think it creates such controversy because one cannot believe grown women would wear such a juvenile look and make LG rich in their folly. I don't buy the tops and layer, but I do like some of her special woven tops and would buy those. Don't discount her jeans and pants, they fit great and are fabulous quality. 

@blackhole99, are you being facetious with this comment?  

Super Contributor

(And, Linda Dano gets all the credit for that.  She "saved my closet" in June 1997 with her book "Looking Great ...")

I bought that book too!! She has great advice.

I layer at work, her long sleeve tops are perfect under my scrubs. Working in a lab hospital it is necessary to layer since the AC is on full blast to keep all of the analysers happy.

Super Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think it creates such controversy because one cannot believe grown women would wear such a juvenile look and make LG rich in their folly. I don't buy the tops and layer, but I do like some of her special woven tops and would buy those. Don't discount her jeans and pants, they fit great and are fabulous quality. 

Don't forget her leggings. They are not cheap, but the best around.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99   So you are guilty of "folly" too.  Except you probably don't consider your own LOGO purchases folly, only those that others purchase because their taste is different from yours?    

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Why does Logo create such controversy.  For me it isn't black/white.  I adore some of her clothing and continuously reach for it; comfy, stylish, creative.  Other pieces, are definitely not for me.  It's not a subject that stirs my soul.....I simply enjoy some of her clothing.  For some reason, she is constantly bashed as a designer on these boards.  I think she is fun, quirky, comfortable, and presents options.  No, I don't love everything but I would not take the energy to denigrate a designer realizing that we all have different points of view.

@phoenixbrd   Sadly, the LOGO bashers constantly denigrate not only Lori, but their fellow posters who like and buy LOGO.   It's sad when people have to put others down to feel better about themselves.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99   So you are guilty of "folly" too.  Except you probably don't consider your own LOGO purchases folly, only those that others purchase because their taste is different from yours?    

@Pearlee  yes, I am guilty of folly, I have LOGO tops hanging in my closet  that I have yet to wear out in public. I did wear her boyfriend jeans 3 times this week though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99, are you being facetious with this comment?  

@Lipstickdiva No, I'm not trying to be funny, that's the only explanation I can come up with to explain why there is always someone starting up a negative thread about this line. My husband who never says a word about what I wear, made the comment one time when I had on a LOGO top;"you're not going to wear that out are you, it looks like a kids shirt"! That comment didn't hurt my feeling, but I didn't wear the top that day and did think twice before I bought anything else from Lori with ruffles or lace.

Super Contributor

I personally don't care for her designs at all. And I don't agree that everything goes with everything. (Sorry, LOGO fans - I went to art school in New York City and studied Color Theory for four years and learned how colors "work together").

All that said, I'm glad that there are people who are happy with her clothing. Imagine if everyone wore the same things - what a boring world it would be!

My biggest head-scratcher, however, is her prices. I guess if you really want something of hers then cost isn't a deterrent. Lord knows I've indulged myself over the years on certain handbags and clothing.

But knowing a bit about the cost of manufacturing and shipping of clothing, having studied fashion in college, I can almost guarantee that she is charging insanely overinflated prices for clothing that costs her a mere pittance to produce.

Upwards of $60, $70 or even $80 for a top that is rayon and/or polyester is a slap in the face.

Honored Contributor

I have never seen women wearing Logo in my area or surrounding areas.  Not sure where they are buy they are not layering over here.  lol  When it is 80 degrees and over all you want to do is be cool so layering is out.

kindness is strength