Honored Contributor

Re: WHO DO YOU DRESS TO PLEASE?

I dress for myself but if my DH doesn't like something I'm wearing I will change it.

Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, I have to dress for the professional office look nine hours out of the day.  The rest of the time I dress for comfort.

Super Contributor

ME, MYSELF and I and usually my husband loves it too! I have also rec'd. compliments from other woman when we are out.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 56 and I've been married for over 30 years; I'm not dressing to please men.  First, I dress to please myself.  I like to look good, I follow fashion but I am not a slave to it.  I know what I like and I know what looks good on me and I have my own sense of style.  But, it's important to me that my husband likes what I wear and is proud of me.  I wouldn't dress in a manner that he objected to but that has never been an issue.  Of course I like it when other women compliment me, that's always nice but it's not what I think about when I put an outfit together. 

Honored Contributor

Myself.  My taste and style are eclectic and I've been called "artsy."  

Honored Contributor

Myself, but I use DH as a personal mirror, and if he happens to make a positive spontaneous comment, I wear the garment that he likes again.

Honored Contributor

I dress to please myself, but when I feel good about myself it seems to make others think I look good - a win win .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I dress to please myself first and Handsome second, but I am pleased when others compliment my outfit.  Smiley Embarassed

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

M E.....well beyond pleasing anyone else. Comes with being 65!  And I am my biggest critic, so that is enough.  Still teaching, so I do want to look presentable but can afford only so much.

Respected Contributor

I wear what I feel good in, especially on Sundays. Oh sure, it helps when DH tells me I look like a movie star or fashion model. Even more so when a stranger does.