Trusted Contributor

We were out with a group of people last night and a discussion came up about who women really dress to please!  One gentleman said that he feels that women dress to please other women because they are the ones who know fashion!  Another person said that we dress according to what fashion magazines say or even what QVC hosts suggest!   One lady bravely admitted that she likes to look attractive to men even though she has been married to the same man for many years!!  I like to keep up with the times but I also want to feel I look proper for my age and body type!!   So I guess I dress for me!  Maybe dh also!!Woman Wink

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: WHO DO YOU DRESS TO PLEASE?

I dress for me and always have.... I want to look like a girl and be comfortable too!  Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I dress for myself. Fortunately my hubby likes the way I dress, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Myself. I might occasionally dress for my husband but only on special occasions. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also dress for myself.  I don't go for the "latest styles" if they don't flatter me.  My wardrobe is mostly neutrals, I change it up with accessories.  Drives my Mother crazy!!  She loves lots of color in her wardrobe, and is therefore constantly looking for "a pair of pants to wear with this coral T shirt."  (I know coral would go with khaki, navy, etc., but most of her pants and bottoms are different colors as well!) If it was ME, that T shirt would be black, white, grey or navy and I would have LOTS to wear with it!!!

Honored Contributor

I dress to please myself but I like a dose of glam to please my husband on occasion.

Super Contributor

I dress to please myself. I don't like to go out looking like I just climbed out of bed.

Honored Contributor

I dress for myself, I think I dress in what looks good on me, so it doesn't bother me what strangers think about the way I dress.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I dress to please three people.  Me, myself and I.  I love fashion.  I like to look nice, feel confident and be totally comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

I only dress for myself.  My husband doesn't care.  I always looks nice and pulled together when I go out.  He's not one to care what I look like.  I care what I look like for me.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"