Honored Contributor

Re: WHITE BUTTON DOWN BLOUSES

From the time I taught I have always gotten Ralph Lauren or Talbots white blouses for that really sharp look.

Trusted Contributor

I own a lot of clothing, but I haven't worn a white blouse since elementary school.  I wear white turtlenecks for warmth in winter under fleece tops. 

Respected Contributor

My first foxcroft was a white blouse. I thought if this does well, I'm in good shape! Well, I just love them an own a few!,  when I bought mine they had a monogramming event. My letters are on the cuff! 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you, @Kabella. I love the look of jeans and a crisp white shirt. Almost my "uniform" in spring and fall! I own several white button- up, collared shirts bought at various stores including JCPenny, tencel from Old Navy, Kohl's, Ralph Lauren Outlet, to name a few. My faves were the no-iron from the old Coldwater Creek. Too bad they don't make those any more - but I still have one left.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@amyb  I agree about Q never getting to the classic, tailored clothing/blouses.

I have about 7or 8 white, long sleeve button up shirts (no darts, more man-tailored) and purchase them one size up for a looser fit. I prefer long sleeves so I can wear them down or roll to elbow length.

I have many, so one or two are always laundered/ironed and ready to wear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella   I have a few white blouses/shirts from J Crew when they're on sale... Beautiful fit and have had them for many years.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been looking for/at new cotton white blouse and just this morning rec'd an email from Chico's that highlighted their no iron white cotton blouses. They have a fitted and regular to choose from. The fitted looks to see thru for me, but I may order one of each the next time they have a sale or they send me a discount code.

I'm new to Chico's and blouses are tough for me to buy w/o trying on ... I'm slim, but busty and typically have had to have my blouses tailored to get a good fit.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo Chico's has no iron. They have it in fitted & not fitted. ETA: If you go on youtube their is a woman from my naples Fl. store. She has dark hair & skinny. She is a stylist & she has a video on the blouse your thinking of buying. She has a few videos but look for that particular one. She is a white blouse fanatic!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I don't have any white blouses from JCrew but I have a Blazer that I bought years ago & still looks brand new. I just bought on clearance a pair of Jeans. 59%off!!! They fit perfect & look more like trouser Jeans. These aren't advertized as trousers but called "slim wide leg jeans in med. indigo tall." I am 5'6 but the length on these are just right. I have trouser Jeans from Koln's that I bought years ago & they held up great. Glad they are making a comeback. Getting tired of faded jeans lol.

Respected Contributor

@kate2357  I have the fitted & I am a 34 small c in a bra. I tried it on in the store & both sizes fit but I felt more a bit more comfortable going a size up to their 0. If I orderd online I probably would have ordered the 00 & it would have been fine.  I don't think they are see thru. They do have some stretch to them so the size your thinking of getting should be fine. Take a look at the reviews.