Respected Contributor

WHITE BUTTON DOWN BLOUSES

[ Edited ]

I would love to see some White Button Down Blouses on the Q. (there are too few) Short sleeves, 3/4th sleeves, long sleeves. Different fabrics, styles & lenghts. Some new designers too. Most of mine, I buy instore & quite a few at Chico's. They are so classic & look so lovely on women with Jeans, Slacks, Skirts etc. Awsome with a blazer, faux leather jackets, sweaters, Jean Jackets. Some can wear as Shackets! Love a white blouse with Jeans & a black tailored Blazer! Are any of you a white blouse fanatic like me lol? 

Respected Contributor

Re: WHITE BUTTON DOWN BLOUSES

[ Edited ]

Anyone familiar with the brand of women's blouse, Foxcroft?

Highly recommend. I know of them from my retail days.

A bit pricey, (average retail pricing then was about $90.00), but well-made, great fit, good materials...worth the quality.

Just fyi.

Update: Just did a quick Google search...I see one (there are maybe more) on Amazon, for $79.00.

Anyway, good brand to check into, if that's the type classic blouse you are looking for.

@Kabella Chicos does have some very nice ones also.

I don't see Q ever getting into the classic blouse biz...they seem hell-bent to stick to big, oversized, tunic, or lounge tops! 

Respected Contributor

I agree. I have one, but they're hard to find., especially blouses that aren't 100% polyester.
 I prefer short or elbow length sleeves. 

Respected Contributor

07A20296-620F-4FA6-A927-EB9F3F81567B.jpeg

@deeva 100% cotton too. Foxcroft on Amazon.

Many colors too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deeva  I have found quite a few at Chico, TJmax, some dept. stores that have more cotton in them. I have 3 that i can wear in this heat & 2 I got at TJmax & one at a hospital gift shop that carries some really nice tops. They are all a lightweight gauze. Two with roll up tabs & one from the gift shop with puffed sleeves just above the elbow & is gorg. Lucky find when when browsing, waiting for an appt. Oh, forgot I also have 2 with no sleeves.

Respected Contributor

I have many white blouses.For some reason I am drawn to the look of a crisp white blouse, always was. Wear them all the time. They are all slightly different. I have many from Chico's. The last time I tried on a Foxcroft it was too narrow so I skip that brand. White linen is my summer go to.

Valued Contributor

I don't wear them but my late mother was a fan of Foxcroft.

Valued Contributor

Isaac makes a few.  You can buy Foxcroft at Nordstrom and I believe there is free shipping and returns.  Also Appleseeds.

Honored Contributor

Count me among the "fiends"!

I have quite a few of them .... I've been wearing them for years.  Both as blouses and as "shackets."  (Really dislike that word!)

I wear them both over and under stuff, and alone.   Different fabrics have different looks.  

Primarily white - but several shades of blue - and all "my other colors."

With my recent weight loss, I've had to replace some of them.  Found new ones at  JCP, Chico's, LandsEnd, and Blair.  

Whenever I make a new sweater - I buy either a turtleneck or collared shirt to wear with it ... you can find them lots of places.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

I would love to see some White Button Down Blouses on the Q. (there are too few) Short sleeves, 3/4th sleeves, long sleeves. Different fabrics, styles & lenghts. Some new designers too. Most of mine, I buy instore & quite a few at Chico's. They are so classic & look so lovely on women with Jeans, Slacks, Skirts etc. Awsome with a blazer, faux leather jackets, sweaters, Jean Jackets. Some can wear as Shackets! Love a white blouse with Jeans & a black tailored Blazer! Are any of you a white blouse fanatic like me lol? 

You have to broaden your scope.  These crisp white button downs are a favorite for me too.  I have some posted herein (in the fahsion forum) within the last 6 months.  Can't say they are still available at this time though.  You have to get off of QVC sometimes to find other items you need/want for your wardrobe @Kabella .

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life