Honored Contributor

Re: WHERE DO THEY DIG UP THESE LUNCTIME SPECIALS

willdob3 wrote:

A few years ago, when I was losing weight and going through sizes quickly, I found quite a few good deals by shopping the Lunchtime Specials. Most were basic tops. I did well.

The prices have gone up a lot & I almost never find anything anymore though I still check every day. I did purchase something from Lunchtime Specials today - first time I've bought a LTS in years. It is the IM print robe. Just what I need for summer.  

I'm sure they draw products from various categories - some old, some limited amounts, some overstock, etc. 

that was a really cute robe @willdob3.

i was considering that also, but it is 100% cotton so i decided against it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I 'keep missing' the Lunchtime Specials.  (I forget to look during those hours.)   I need a reminder email about an hour or so beforehand. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

most lts are abominable.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

When they began Lunchtime Specials, I thought what a great, interesting idea to have daily Specials. Well, I checked daily. There was nothing I saw I thought "special." It appeared to be items they were down to a few sizes or colors  and hanging around the warehouses and a waste of time for me. I like a good value, but I'm not buying something I don't like b/c it's  a good value. 

Honored Contributor

lunchtime specials are "duds" for the most part.  Those who are "missing" them, truly aren't.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

A few years ago, when I was losing weight and going through sizes quickly, I found quite a few good deals by shopping the Lunchtime Specials. Most were basic tops. I did well.

The prices have gone up a lot & I almost never find anything anymore though I still check every day. I did purchase something from Lunchtime Specials today - first time I've bought a LTS in years. It is the IM print robe. Just what I need for summer.  

I'm sure they draw products from various categories - some old, some limited amounts, some overstock, etc. 

that was a really cute robe @willdob3.

i was considering that also, but it is 100% cotton so i decided against it.

Being 100% cotton was a selling point for me. It will be good for the way I plan to use it.