Respected Contributor

Re: WHERE DO THEY DIG UP THESE LUNCTIME SPECIALS

I get excited when I see 'clearance' in any venue of shopping. One of course has to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince. I have found some needed and wanted items in the lunchtime specials and enjoy looking.

The items I have purchased from the lunctime specials have been just fine as far as quality.

I think any place that sells probably wants to sell all they can , so this is true of QVC also.

Honored Contributor

I, for one, have never found anything I would have ordered to begin with.

Trusted Contributor

For the most part, I agree that the Lunchtime Specials are the dregs of the inventory.....but once in a while, they have a winner.  Just last week I ordered a bomber jacket from the LTS and it came today and I absolutely LOVE it.  It is probably one of the, if not THE, best clothing item I have ever ordered from QVC!  I am soooo glad I got it in both the black and ivory!  The ivory was on waitlist at first, but it has already shipped.  The fit is fantastic (my measurements are 36-26-37 and I got the small).  The material is wonderful and LOVE the mesh on the back of the jacket.  Sorry....I don't know how to post pics.

A263082

View by Walter Baker Bomber Jacket with Mesh Inserts

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take a peek at the LTS when I think of it and usually, there's nothing that I HAVE to have but today, I almost ordered the Clarks Morse Tour sandals because they were offered at a really great price plus 5 easy pays to boot. I always read the reviews first though (in the order of lowest rating first because I want to know about any problems) and it sounded like the quality of this sandal had gone down and/or they didn't fit the same anymore. I guess I just didn't want to take a chance so I didn't order them.

Respected Contributor

I look at the Lunch Time Specials most days.  I always have looked at that sale as a vehicle to clean put their warehouse.  I have on occasion purchased an item.  Best purchase ever was a gorgeous black faux leather jacket designed by Seth Aaron.  The jacket was a beauty, faux leather fabulous, styling and fit were wonderful. The jacket had spectacular reviews.  So the merchandise is not always loser merchandise.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Q probably finds stuff in corners of old warehouse from 1986.

Everything not on "clearancce" goes back to the ol' warehouses! lol

CLEARANCE???  Lol. I don't think the Q really knows what that word means.  It's March and they are still selling Christmas trees and other Christmas items for the regular price!  Who does that?  They should probably take a lesson from HSN or Evine they know how to do a clearance.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Q probably finds stuff in corners of old warehouse from 1986.

Everything not on "clearancce" goes back to the ol' warehouses! lol

CLEARANCE???  Lol. I don't think the Q really knows what that word means.  It's March and they are still selling Christmas trees and other Christmas items for the regular price!  Who does that?  They should probably take a lesson from HSN or Evine they know how to do a clearance.  

That's crazy.  I know they keep trying to sell the same old items year after year.  Who wants an article of clothing that was available 3 years ago?  It will be out of style before you even get it.

Trusted Contributor

At least, there aren't anymore JessicaHolbrook washable suede jackets.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Super Contributor

I shop the luchtime specials all the time. First I read the reviews and try to gauge what might make this a real find or a dud. I have some really nice logo pieces, Joan Rivers, several scarfs, some Attitudes by Renee and Susan Graver tunics that I love. Lots of time the items are added to the list because limited sizing or color choices. I order mediums or large so they are not all xs or s sizes. I do however wonder why the Q just doesn't clean out some of the older stock, it seems like such a waste of space. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few years ago, when I was losing weight and going through sizes quickly, I found quite a few good deals by shopping the Lunchtime Specials. Most were basic tops. I did well.

The prices have gone up a lot & I almost never find anything anymore though I still check every day. I did purchase something from Lunchtime Specials today - first time I've bought a LTS in years. It is the IM print robe. Just what I need for summer.  

I'm sure they draw products from various categories - some old, some limited amounts, some overstock, etc.