Honored Contributor

We see the older models during makeup or skincare presentations, but it seems only younger women model the  fashions.

It would help me to see if certain styles are age appropriate.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

We see the older models during makeup or skincare presentations, but it seems only younger women model the  fashions.

@Shanus They save them for the wrinkle cream shows and shows with devices that remove wrinkles. Wrinkles are bad don’t you know?😁 I’m older myself for those that are ready to post that I’m wrinkle shaming or age shaming or some such....

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus They save them for the wrinkle cream shows and shows with devices that remove wrinkles. Wrinkles are bad don’t you know?😁 I’m older myself for those that are ready to post that I’m wrinkle shaming or age shaming or some such....

@Ketra   That’s true, but certainly they can also slide on a pr. of Martha’s TSV ankle jeans or something from Halston or Isaac.

Esteemed Contributor

Just for me (and I am old), being restricted to styles blessed by an “older” model wearing “age appropriate” clothing would make me run for the hills.  I would prefer to decide for myself.

Respected Contributor

Re: WHERE ARE OLDER MODELS?

[ Edited ]

I'm so glad you brought this up. There is one lovely woman -I think her name is Toni - who has white hair and does a wonderful job of modeling, but she isn't on often enough.  I have to agree with you. It would be nice (and helpful) to see how some of the clothing items look on women of a more experienced age.  And I know there are many older ladies who still look wonderful - great figure and beautiful carriage.

A little more maturity would also help in the hiring of new hosts. I think that's one reason I enjoy the hosts & vendors who have been there for a while.  (Excluding Susan Graver)  A calmer demeanor and a more professional presention style.  No screaming or squealling and a miinimum of goofy dancing.  (Excluding the Happy Dancer who IMHO seems sadly lacking in maturity)

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Ketra   That’s true, but certainly they can also slide on a pr. of Martha’s TSV ankle jeans or something from Halston or Isaac.

@Shanus I agree. There should be more older clothing models that look like real people. I guess they figure Martha does a good job modeling her creations, but she doesn’t spin around and show you the overall fit of everything.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHERE ARE OLDER MODELS?

[ Edited ]

When it comes to clothes, I don't care how old/young the model is; I just want to see how the item looks on someone my size.

Perhaps the older models don't want to work as often. At my age, if I was asked to model something, I would probably only want to do it part time, if at all. In fact, just enough modeling to pay for things I want to buy or places I want to go! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I agree. There should be more older clothing models that look like real people. I guess they figure Martha does a good job modeling her creations, but she doesn’t spin around and show you the overall fit of everything.

@Ketra  Martha also has great long, thin legs in her TSV, but always wears tunics or longer tunics. I’d like to see how the jeans look on an older woman with a shorter top.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

When it comes to clothes, I don't care how old/young the model is; I just want to see how the item looks one something my size.

Perhaps the older models don't want to work as often. At my age, if I was asked to model something, I would probably only want to do it part time, if at all. In fact, just enough modeling to pay for things I want to buy or places I want to go! Smiley LOL

@World Traveler   I agree somewhat about size. The models are asked height & what size they’re wearing...tells me nothing about their measurements...did they have to size up? Some look “sausaged in” clothing and shirts/jackets do gap. The models’ clothes are not always a true representation of the size to order.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Ketra  Martha also has great long, thin legs in her TSV, but always wears tunics or longer tunics. I’d like to see how the jeans look on an older woman with a shorter top.

@Shanus  Me too. And while I have long legs for my petite height, not all of us have thin legs anymore so I tend to go to NYDJ and Belle for jeans as they fit me better. However I love Martha’s tops and blouses.