Honored Contributor

WHEN YOU WEAR BAREFOOT DREAMS....

If you’re wearing Barefoot Dreams cardigan/duster or other heavier weight sweater, tee or blouse underneath, when you get to your destination, remove it, aren’t you cold?

Just received my TSV cardigan w/ pockets, but haven’t worn it yet. Can’t decide what to wear under it. I guess if I was running errands (an expensive item for shlepping around), I’d be keeping the cardigan on. Going to a restaurant? I’d want to remove it indoors...so left w/ a blouse on a cold day....hmmmmm.

***Re: The Q2 TSV long duster today. All petites, the vendor showing the long, full length duster is 5’3”. Sure the duster hits her a few inches below the knee...a little long, but acceptable. She’s in high heels, but put her in flats, it would be too long for my eye. I wish they’d show us both options. 

Honored Contributor

Re: WHEN YOU WEAR BAREFOOT DREAMS....

I typically always wear sweaters of this type with a Skinny Tee, tank etc. underneath.

I never remove the cardi!   It is part of my outfit style, like a blazer would be.  I wear an outside coat and remove that only.

Doesn't matter if they are boyfriend, duster etc....they are designed into my outfit for that day.  Part of my 'look'.

I am perpetually cold anyways.....will be until July and then there is that AC to deal with!

Long sleeves under a cardi bug me...always seem to bunch up.

Respected Contributor

All my BD, other cardi’s, etc. I leave on all day. Its part of my outfit. I’m always cold anyways, adding that I live in WI. So its for warmth in winter where I will wear long sleeves and thicker tops under. In summer, I freeze in the AC at work so I’ll wear a thinner top/tank with a cardi over. I do have many cardi’s of varying lengths, thickness/warmth just bc of these reasons. Above all though, I hate being cold. It’s common for me to always be wearing 1 more layer than others around me. Lol

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I typically always wear sweaters of this type with a Skinny Tee, tank etc. underneath.

I never remove the cardi!   It is part of my outfit style, like a blazer would be.  I wear an outside coat and remove that only.

Doesn't matter if they are boyfriend, duster etc....they are designed into my outfit for that day.  Part of my 'look'.

I am perpetually cold anyways.....will be until July and then there is that AC to deal with!

Long sleeves under a cardi bug me...always seem to bunch up.

@RespectLife  I wear it the same way.  I wear a tank or cami underneath and don't take it off.  I also can't stand wearing long sleeves under anything as I am always pulling it down because it keeps bunching up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with some of the other posters. It is part of my outfit for the day. At work where we have differing opinions about where the thermostat should be, I find I take my BD sweaters off and on, so I make sure I have something nice underneath, like my Linea tops, which have long sleeves but are not bulky.

I have worn the BD down to Walmart, to a family reunion, etc., also. Very versatile in my wardrobe.

I have been eyeing the sleeveless BD top for underneath the various BD sweaters, but hope to see them at a lower price. I think the two together would be wonderful on the skin. A303015 boatneck tee ($88) or A303162 cap sleeve tee ($94).

On another BD topic, has anyone tried the BD luxe milk sleepwear. Just curious if that would only be worn in the summer and not in the winter. Doesn't appear to be anything to keep you warm, just comfortable to sleep in.

Respected Contributor

I also don’t wear it under a coat, it’s just too much. So if I know that I need to be wearing a coat a good part of the day out doing errands, etc, I would not wear my BD.  

Honored Contributor

Uh oh. All of my coats are much shorter than these cardigans...either bomber style leather or a little below hip length wool. There’s not much use for full length coats down south. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i generally do not remove my cardigan. it is part of my ensemble. the majority of the time i am wearing a tank, camisole, or short sleeved shirt underneath.

if i need extra layering for outdoors i dont put a coat on top. i will add a scarf and wear a ruana or cape on top.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I own several long sleeve “slippery”, not cotton, model type tees. I planned to wear these underneath. I’ll add a colorful scarf or long necklace.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I agree with some of the other posters. It is part of my outfit for the day. At work where we have differing opinions about where the thermostat should be, I find I take my BD sweaters off and on, so I make sure I have something nice underneath, like my Linea tops, which have long sleeves but are not bulky.

I have worn the BD down to Walmart, to a family reunion, etc., also. Very versatile in my wardrobe.

I have been eyeing the sleeveless BD top for underneath the various BD sweaters, but hope to see them at a lower price. I think the two together would be wonderful on the skin.

On another BD topic, has anyone tried the BD lux milk sleepwear. Just curious if that would only be worn in the summer and not in the winter. Doesn't appear to be anything to keep you warm, just comfortable to sleep in.

@World Traveler

i absolutely LOVE the luxe milk items. i have the sleepwear and the caftans and they are soft, flowy, and comfortable. i wear them year round BUT i am always hot. i cannot sleep with anything that has sleeves.....it has to be something lightweight and sleeveless.....even in the wintertime. my favorite sleepwear lines are the BD luxe milk and SOMA cool nights.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein