Honored Contributor

Re: WHEN I CAN GO “OUT” I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO WEARING.........

I won't be one of them this phase but I do dream of wearing this beautiful House of Harlow top I got for my bday, skinny jeans and heels and a face full of makeup,  if it's not too cold by then. 

Honored Contributor

@haddon9   My mouth's watering for a deli!!! Our college town has the "main drag" w/ restaurants and shops. To have outdoor dining, it'd be on the sidewalk w/ cars zooming by. Gas fumes in my dinner? I'll wait. We've driven 1/2 hour to check things out, but getting chilly for outdoor dining. 

Honored Contributor

Right now I am staying in because it is flu season and, of course, COVID 19 and I am a high risk and want to stick around for a while and not get sick.  When I was younger and working I wore Anne Klein II, Ellen Tracy, etc. but now since I am retired, I am very casual.  Pants and a top.  It is nice that you have a special outfit you look forward to wearing.  Have fun.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

i have been wearing things i want to wear when i go out......grocery shopping, indoor/outdoor dining, trivia nights, the beach and pool, shops, work, bbqs, and more.  i have not been afraid to go out and do my best at being physically distanced from others.

i am just waiting for the weather to break so i can wear my fall and winter clothing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@author   I've heard it all my life referring to a light, not thorough housecleaning/dusting, straightening your hair up, ironing just the cuffs/collar of my shirt if wearing under a sweater anyway (that's a good one), etc. Oh well, guess it isn't Southern after all.

@Shanus 

Yes, that is exactly how I understand what it means.  I used it the other day while sweeping the family room floor, hubby pointed out a missed spot back in a dark corner, and I told him this was just "a lick and a promise" and then had to explain what I meant.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday,, our Gov announced that at the end of the month, indoor dining will be allowed.  The bars aren't open but restaurants can serve diners at the bars.  Up to 10 diners will be allowed at each table.  I was thrilled to hear that, my friends were thrilled too because it means we can socialize again and that means we can dress up.  Outdoor dining was fine but it was noisy with the street and passerby traffic and the tables were small.  It will be nice to entertain and be entertained for the holidays.  

Honored Contributor

@author   🤗

Esteemed Contributor

Masks are a necessary accessory for a while, and I usually wear black or surgical style masks, skip all makeup, so I wear colorful tops to brighten myself up.  Lots of Logo, in pretty bright colors.  I bought some new jackets with colorful trim that I haven't tried on yet, but I hope will look good:

a377567_cy7.102.jpeg

a377567.002.jpeg

I did buy some printed masks (lug) but haven't tried them out yet.  They will be good with my black jackets, coats.

Part of me wants to get some more "pretty" maks, but that part is fighting with the one that hopes I won't have to wear them much longer, and doesn't want me to spend money on them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am most looking forward to wearing my dresses and heels again when I can return to sing at my church. Our church is open at reduced capacity with masks, but there is no singing. My siblings who have returned to our church told me it has been getting more crowded lately which IMO is very risky. We don’t really go anywhere except necessary errands right now even though things are open with restrictions.