Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

To the OP: are speaking about the Heavenly Jersey? 

Yes it is. Sorry I didn't specify. In fact one reviewer said "Disappointed in the material of shirt, it is thin and overly "stretchy," others said similiar things. It did get high reviews however so I wonder if women don't really know what they are  buying. I always look at the low reviews first, then move up. 

Heavenly Jersey is 96 percent cotton and 4 percent spandex. That's not flannel. Are they actually calling it "flannel" just because it has a flannel-ish print?

I don't think they do call it flannel. I've never heard them call it anything but what it is -- heavenly jersey. But, yes, it does have a flannel-like plaid, and I wouldn't doubt for a minute that people purchased it without paying enough attention to the details (like fabric content) and were surprised at what they received. That's on them, as far as I'm concerned. I guess you wouldn't have to iron flannel, but I can certainly see that my flannel pj's, for example, wrinkle around the placket and collar, etc. when they are washed and dried in the dryer. I guess it's a [shrug] for me; I just don't understand the outrage.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Flannel does not need to be dry cleaned. If it does you don't want it. They advise to wash flannel in mild detergent. I use Nellie's or other Goat Milk laundry detergent. Unless it's the cheap flannel it does not need to be ironed either.

I'm pretty sure they had a flannel shirt as a TSV that was poly/spandex blend. That's not a flannel shirt.

Go to Lands End, LL Bean or Vermont Country Store.

@Nightowlz.  I've never seen a thread that is such a wealth of misinformation.   That shirt was Heavenly Jersey which is a fine sweater knit fabric that is cut and sewn.  The word "flannel" was never mentioned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment