Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WILL YOU PURCHASE FOR SPRING?

@SilleeMee. Believe it or not I've purchased several comfy shoes from CLARKS on the Q. Their lace ups that look dressier than sneakers are wonderful as are their sandals. I wear them all the time at home and away sightseeing for hours.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spring is very short here. Hope to buy as little as possible and wear what I have. I hope my weight loss will be such that I will need some new clothes by summer.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee. Believe it or not I've purchased several comfy shoes from CLARKS on the Q. Their lace ups that look dressier than sneakers are wonderful as are their sandals. I wear them all the time at home and away sightseeing for hours.

@Shanus,

I like Clarks. Which ones are you talking about? I'd be interested to know about them.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I just purchased a couple of new bathing suits. One from Land's End, one from Talbot's. That's probably it for me. I have plenty of clothes. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@chrystaltree. I've been working at home in my art studio for 30 yrs. & wore old jeans & tee shirts, but still needed nice things to take my jewelry to meet w/ galleries, go out w/ friends or w/ my husband. Once for 2 yrs., I purchased nothing new. My wardrobe took a big hit! A lot of shoes looked outdated, as did pants, jeans and tops. I spent too much $ at once to update my closet. Now each season I purchase a few new things. Oh...retired or not, I feel better showering, doing my hair, a little makeup & dressing in other than sweats. It makes me feel better.

I'm still working it all out.  I have to balance what I need with what I want.  I've always been a girly-girl and a world class shopper.  I just have to tweek my wardrobe a bit because my lifestyle isn't as dressy.  My work "uniform" now is jeans/long sleeve tee/athletic socks.  Maxi dresses and thong sandals in the summer.  I always wear makeup, every day of my life since I was 20 and jewelry.   Life in general is so casual now.  Church, restaurants, hanging with friends and family are all casual affairs now.  Work was the one place that I could get all dressed up and coordinated and wear my jewelry.  I've been collecting jewelry for 30 years, it's my passion.  But work is out my home office, so I have to figure out how to be...me.  I'm thinking that hubby and I can eat out a few nights a week and this area is full of galleries and museums and concerts and theatre.  So, perhaps we can add a little culture into our life in the burbs.  That would be a win-win.  I'd get to dress up while I broaden my life experiences.   

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Clarks item #s: A 277650 and A 282691.  The sandals aren't out yet & not sure they'd have the same ones as last year or year before. 

Respected Contributor

Probably not the most exciting items, but I always restock my white tee shirts and tanks for spring and summer.  I have all the shorts I need, but usually on the lookout for some cute sandals. 

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, @Shanus. I've been eyeing the Cloud Steppers. They look so comfy! I was looking at the Sillian Glory, similar to the ones you mentioned. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  I get it...big changes. I do, however dress for me. Living in a small town, everyone shows up at restaurants on Sat. nite in jeans & tops....no makeup/no effort. I dress up...jeans, sweater, add my blk. moto jacket, diamond studs, "always on pearl necklace", etc. If I dressed to fit in, I'd always feel like I was still wearing what I wear at home.