Trusted Contributor

WHAT'S WITH THE PRICES OF SUSAN GRAVER FLEECE VESTS?

I can't believe the prices of her fleece vests. I saw 2 of them on air one was almost $80 with shipping and another $70. How are these prices for vests justified when jackets and her puffer coat are cheaper? Prices and shipping on the Q are really ridiculous. I wanted to order a lipliner and the shipping was $6.22! Needless to say I didn't order it. I notice that most shipping now is $6 and change or $7 and change. I saw a George Simonton Faux suede jacket which I loved, especially the colors but it was $85 plus $7.22 shipping, which makes it over 90 for faux suede. That is outrageous. How nice would it be if the Q would surprise us and have some free shipping days. It's not like they can't afford it! Last week I ordered DKNY Jeans from HSN for $39.95 and they had free shipping for that day. They fit like they were made for my body. I love them. I find myself tuning in there more than the Q lately.
Super Contributor

Re: WHAT'S WITH THE PRICES OF SUSAN GRAVER FLEECE VESTS?

Fleece is not wool or an expensive fabric. A vest uses just a little bit of fabric for the making of it. Try Marshall's.
Trusted Contributor

She's a mass marketer of clothes, ridding on what she did over twenty years ago. She wants to be a designer, and believes if she charges higher prices we'll believe it. She can't even convince herself she's a designer, she has to repeat it over, and over, when she's on air. She's never going to convince me with what she puts out, and the poor fit her items have.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think its only her. I was using her as an example because I was looking for a warm vest for my mother. I believe that QVC has been raising all the prices lately for everything. Look at Quacker factory and Denim &Co And their inflated prices. I don't watch either of their shows but if I'm watching a fashion segment and see these clothes, I am in awe of the high prices and shipping charges.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Lila4now said:

She's a mass marketer of clothes, ridding on what she did over twenty years ago. She wants to be a designer, and believes if she charges higher prices we'll believe it. She can't even convince herself she's a designer, she has to repeat it over, and over, when she's on air. She's never going to convince me with what she puts out, and the poor fit her items have.

Susan doesn't decide prices: the Q decides prices, Easy Pays, etc. Looks like the Q wants every dime from her designs while they're popular. Ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

The fleece vests are way overpriced. So are their D&Co. suede vests for January. The Q must think they have gold that nobody else has.

Respected Contributor

I remember when I could buy 2 Fleece Vests for $60 here at QVC. Sadly QVC has priced me out of the market on their items. I only buy if the item is something that I really love and cannot get anywhere else at a better price. I used to purchase many clothes here but not any more. There are very few deals on shipping and easy pay. IMO the other shopping channels are doing a better job with discounts. Brick and Mortar also are doing a better job but QVC must have it's market but I am probably not in that demographic.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not just the fleece vests--many of SG's items are overpriced. I can buy comparable pieces locally for a lower price, so I haven't purchased any SG items in some time.
Honored Contributor

I loved that vest she showed this week. It was one of the items that made me wish it weren't 80 degrees on my terrace as I was watching.

As for the price - I don't think the posters who complain about her prices would buy much from her anyway. I know for me, it's not price that keep me away from what some posters think are QVC's real designers. I just don't like what I see. I don't care where they went to school who they worked with or for in the past. Doesn't make me look better in what they offer.

I also think that when those of us who feel Susan is QVC's best designer/manufacturer no longer feel that way, she'll disappear like so many we could name. I just hope it's not any decade too soon.

Trusted Contributor

No reason whatsoever to pay these prices for a simple fleece vest. They're available all over for less if you want one. It's not an item I like or find flattering anyway, so no problem for me.

Here's one from JC Penney on clearance for $25.

Columbia® Three Rivers Fleece Vest