Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S CHANGED...ME OR WHAT QVC OFFERS??

I've changed way more than QVC has. I went through lots of year during which I bought and bought and bought, not just at QVC but lots of places. I went shopping for specific items, but I also went shopping just to be with friends or just because I had a few spare hours.

Then a few years back, I looked around and realized I really wasn't using what I was paying for. I really didn't need what was on Nordstrom's sale rack even if it fit and I didn't need another string of pearls or another pair of Birkis. And I certainly didn't need a 12th bottle of Wen or another shipment of skincare which would be two years old before I ever opened it.

It's been nearly 2 years since I bought a piece of QVC jewelry and 15 months since I bought jewelry any place. Yes, I'm counting! I did buy one of Chaz' WEN TSV's last year, but I won't finish using what's in the house until next December, so I don't care how pretty his new packaging is or what new flavor he brings. I'm done until then. It's pretty much the same story with skincare - I'm using up what's in the house and will try new only when I need, not when I want.

But, for me, the story is the same all over. I love Nordstrom, but haven't made a purchase there since last January.

What might I buy from QVC in the next few months? Probably something lots of Forum posters wish I wouldn't. Maybe a mattress or a vacuum cleaner. Maybe nothing more than the Kind bars I ordered the other day - I put them on AD, but more than likely won't be ready for more when the next delivery would be due. In the past I might have let it come anyway. Now I won't do that.

And just as I no longer go to the local stores just to look around, I don't watch any shopping channels nearly as often as I used to. From what I'm reading about how tough the retailers are having it as they try to please the public and draw them in, I have lots of company.

Honored Contributor

The difference is, I don't think many of us see QVC as trying to draw us in or please us...

Electing not to shop is probably wise and is a personal choice. Not choosing to shop with a particular entity because the offerings are so uninteresting and increasingly limited, is something altogether different.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I remember when the q had so many different things that weren't in the malls and people were always asking me where I got things...I hated to miss shows because stuff really sold out in those days quickly and didn't come back in stock.I loved watching the presentations too ...they were very informative and often I started out thinking that I didn't want or need the item but before they were done I was running to the phone.
Super Contributor

I don't mind the prices or shipping costs ...

I have certain criteria that aren't negotiable. And, I won't buy from certain QVC vendors.

I'm fussy about necklines, sleeves, colors and prints. So - I've been shopping elsewhere for what I want to wear.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP. stevieb and dex said it well. QVC used to have products that were hard to find elsewhere. And price and s/h DO matter to me especially when there's tax on the s/h which I never understood. In contrast to when QVC and the other shopping channels first started, now there are plenty of other options and the Q is very low on the list of places I shop.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2015 castlenv said:

I agree with the OP. stevieb and dex said it well. QVC used to have products that were hard to find elsewhere. And price and s/h DO matter to me especially when there's tax on the s/h which I never understood. In contrast to when QVC and the other shopping channels first started, now there are plenty of other options and the Q is very low on the list of places I shop.

That's the fault of your state legislature. They are the ones who decide what/when/where/how they will apply sales tax.

Pay attention to whom you vote for!

Respected Contributor

QVC used to be more enjoyable to shop with or to just have it on as background noise. They had a wide variety of products and they were better quality than what is offered today. Much of what is on there now looks like things that can be found at Wal-Mart or the Dollar Store. For me, one of the most off-putting things about QVC is the unprofessional way most of the hosts present themselves, the annoying speaking habits and some of them have voices that are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Honored Contributor

EXACTLY what the OP posted could have been written by me. That is how I feel.

I would like to add that I lost quite a bit of weight this past year. I went down 2 sizes. I used to be able to order everything (size 2X) and it always fit. I never had one bit of trouble with SLEEVES being way too long.

Every time I try something on the sleeves go way beyond my finger tips. This is stupid.

I always buy petite. They are way too long. I'm 5'5"" tall. They should not be dragging on the ground.

Who in @@##$$ does the sizing for QVC?

Honored Contributor

I'm a 30 year Qvc veteran an I hear this over and over and over. Yet you ladies never say WHAT you want. You want "new", well what the heck does that mean? In the next sentence, you want the old QVC back. You can't have it both ways. I'm with you when it comes to watching less, I only watch QVC a few hours a week and only specific shows. I once watched a few hours a day. The tv programming has lost it's charm for me. I dont blame QVC for that. I don't mindlessly watch shopping channels anymore. Plus, QVC.com is amazing. I can find everything and anything I want, anytime of day. So, I shop, a lot. But I do not expect that QVC or any retailer will or should meet all my needs. Why moan, groan, complain ad nauseum? It's just a retailer and if QVC isn't working for you now, stop watching and go shop elsewhere. There are still other places to shop. I just don't get it.
Valued Contributor

Well I know for sure that I've changed since I'm retired and require very little. The novelty of shopping from TV has worn off. (I do, however, still love to shop, just not at QVC.)

I think for me the reason I don't buy from QVC very much at all is the dumbing down of their product offers. They offer older models on electronics with a lot of unnecessary ad-ons. They offer mostly their own lines in fashion or "made for QVC" clothing from other lines. "Made exclusively for QVC" is a flag for me NOT to buy an item.

Almost everything they offer, other than their own brands, can be found elsewhere at a better price and better (or free) S&H.

So, yes, I've gotten older and wiser regarding the Q.