Valued Contributor

WHAT'S CHANGED...ME OR WHAT QVC OFFERS??

I used to buy so much from the Q, clothes, beauty products, housewares, shoes, purses, even food sometimes. And I watched ALOT. I realize lately how little I buy anymore and watch less and less. Seems to me that Denim & Co. has gone downhill, kind of boring and costly. I used to buy a lot of Susan Graver but honestly I am not liking the way she has changed her line to the long long look of tops and less patterns (how many solids do I need of the same colors??). Then there's the high price of her line AND the high cost of shipping with everything. I was tempted a few times recently on Clark's shoes, then added in the nearly $10 to ship and held off. It seems the beauty lines offered are restricted to only a few and they are ones I don't care to use. I do miss the way it used to be; any others feel like this?

New Contributor

Re: WHAT'S CHANGED...ME OR WHAT QVC OFFERS??

I agree. I feel the same way. The shipping and Handling are getting way out of hand. When you consider if the item does not fit, it would be another 7-8-10 dollars to return.

I used to love Denim and co. I feel the price has gone up. I can find the similar things at the mall cheaper.

Contributor

Sadly, I couldn't agree more. I used to look forward to ALL the new wonderful Christmas items that were unique and not found in stores. The only thing that wowed me this year were the Lady Fortune cookies. That was it! The shipping charges do give me pause.

Valued Contributor

Shipping and handling charges are outrageous.

Shipping takes incredibly long for many items.

Programming is boring.

Clothing offered, with the exception of a small handful of items are not things I would consider wearing.

The beauty shows are stale. Same old stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

I used to keep Q going in the background just because I enjoyed it. Now, it just annoys. Sad.

Respected Contributor

If you look at the actual financial numbers, QVC is doing all the right things and doing them well. You may be a jaded customer after years of watching, but there are 99 more folks who are watching for the first time, not just in the USA but Europe and Japan too. Now that QVC has more on-line shopping, gone are the days folks sit and watch to wait for something they want to buy. These are more younger buyers who never watch the shows.
Esteemed Contributor

while I still make many purchases from the Q.....I find I am not watching....only going over the ""recently on air""......or using the Q. search bar for what I am looking for....

I miss the Q. of old when I would leave it on 24/7 both to watch and/or as background company....now the Hosts are annoying loud and too Hyper....the products are on too often during the day...(think the TSV's) and way too long presentations....or the other products they show are repeated all during the day and night but given different names.....(host favorites) (gift shows) etc etc....

Valued Contributor

I too feel like you, I am disappointed in the reruns of TSVS, and there just isn't anything new.I hope they start showing some interesting things. I miss the old Q!
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/17/2015 circles said:

while I still make many purchases from the Q.....I find I am not watching....only going over the "recently on air"......or using the Q. search bar for what I am looking for....

I miss the Q. of old when I would leave it on 24/7 both to watch and/or as background company....now the Hosts are annoying loud and too Hyper....the products are on too often during the day...(think the TSV's) and way too long presentations....or the other products they show are repeated all during the day and night but given different names.....(host favorites) (gift shows) etc etc....

Same here. The 24/7 watch included checking the hourly lucky numbers, which one of the models would display. They used to talk and present items, now they push items by being loud, interrupting, pushy and using excessive hand/arm jestures. Don't get me started on the food in mouth & talking. Which I do not like to watch.

Anyone notice the new buy it and love it or return it? ......Yeah, that will work until you get the dreaded letter! for too many returns. I really don't understand why they feel they have to give all the hosts "their own shows"? They are NOT famous well known celebrities, and customers watch for the products they wish to purchase NOT to see the host. And that is why I watch/purchase very little these days.

Honored Contributor

There's no denying that as we become more and more familiar with anything it has a limited ability to interest or excite us, but that said, OP, no, it isn't just you. QVC has become utterly dull and dreadfully repetitive. Worse yet, the type of merchandise they so often elect to over-program wasn't very interesting in the first place. They've gone the narrow branding route and so it's the same ten or so brands programmed all the time at the expense of the better variety some of us became used to. Personally, I think it's pretty much become completely unwatchable. This is so not must see TV. I used to watch a little most days but now go for weeks without turning it on and don't foresee any change in their pattern so there likely won't be one in mine either. It's become uniformly dreadful here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I used to buy lots of jewelry when gold was affordable. $100 bought a nice gold bracelet or ring back in the Kathy Levine days. Now I rarely buy jewelry as I have plenty. I used to buy makeup and clothing but I found I prefer to see and try on clothes and shoes as this cuts down dramatically on returning items. Same goes for makeup.

Now I buy an occasional handbag or cooking item from Q. Now their sales lineup is trending to large ticket items: beds, armchairs, Dyson, electronics, etc. which don't interest me.